lost save, twice, THRICE! [SOLVED]

ArturArtur Posts: 17Common Beta Backer, Customer
edited June 2017 in COMMUNITY
my save disappeared after 58hrs in. told myself -BEEP- happens and started playing again, today no save again, had to start from scratch. i can't play on like that, what do?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Ouch, that sounds pretty devastating to lose 58 hours of Everspace. I know I've accidentally selected Reset Game instead of selecting Reset Current Run before, but I'm assuming your situation was a little different?

Could you tell me what platform you're playing on and what happened right before your data vanished?
  • ArturArtur Posts: 17Common Beta Backer, Customer
    pc win7, nothing happened, just next time i started the game the save was gone. second time that happened i had to go through initial controls setup and tutorial as well.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,000Moderator
    Very sorry to hear this! Are you playing the GOG or Steam version? I wonder if it somehow is related to the Steam Cloud Save feature, I do find this very strange as we have not heard of these kinds of problems too often.
    steam. so you saying it happened before?
    Artur said:

steam. so you saying it happened before?

I remember we had a few reports on this (maybe 4 or 5), but that was sometime last year, I think. We never found out what the reason was, but assumed that the problem did not occur anymore after several updates
    edited April 2017
    i lost the save again, 90 hours in. what the -BEEP-, man? :((((((((
    i can't play like this, to be honest i don't even want to touch this game again!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Artur said:

i can't play like this, to be honest i don't even want to touch this game again!

It might be best to walk away from it for now. This isn't a common issue but I can assure you the team is looking into these details to find a solution for you and the others who are experiencing this problem.

Thank you for your reports during the Early Access phase so we can make the full release a polished product.
    Artur said:

i lost the save again, 90 hours in. what the -BEEP-, man? :((((((((

Really sorry to hear this - it's every gamer's (and developer's) nightmare. Can't blame you for not wanting to touch the game again. I'm afraid that we don't have any clues as this is the only occurence of the problem we're aware of. You also reported in another thread that the game sometimes resets your computer and occasionally crashes when entering a new location. This is the moment we're writing a save game - this probably fails on your system which could explan a crash and data loss - but not sure. Hard reset reports are also very rare, not sure if there are more reports than yours.

In any case - should you give the game another chance in about 3 weeks when we hit full release and add the story (we do recommend resetting the game at this point anyway - though it is not a must). You can find save game files here: C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames. The CurrentPlayerSave.sav is the overall progression, the CurrentRunSave.sav your current run. It might be wise to make a backup of these every now and then - best every time you return to the hangar.
    i wish i knew that before, but thanks nonetheless! the game is too good to put it down, i will play and do backups. thanks again!
  • troopitroopi Posts: 83Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey Artur, can you tell how is steam installed on your pc? Is it in drive C:/Program Files?
    Also, try to change the shortcut of the game to use administrative rights. Maybe the game access to disk is being blocked by admin rights.

Also, if the Devs could be so kind, and since you bought the steam version, they could give you the GOG version for you to try. Maybe it's a steam only problem.
    SOLVED

you ready for this?

it was faulty PSU. Replaced it and so far seems to be ok.
    Glad it's working for you now!