Update 0.7.1.31567

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 721
edited April 13 in NEWS
We've just released a new update. Highlights include functional cockpit displays and the addition of a mysterious alien race, referred to as "The Ancients".

You can see the complete list of changes below.

We're able to offer this update on Mac as well, however with a slight delay of about 8 hours as something went wrong during build process. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 0.5 and 0.6 fell off the back of a gigantic space truck, if you're wondering. Kidding aside, a lot of comments indicated that version numbers were often being associated with completion percentage (though they're really just numbers to us), so we've decided to play along and go with version 0.7 - as the inclusion of the functional cockpits, the Glyphs and the Ancients are all big additions and we're fast-approaching full release.

New Features
  • Added mysterious alien race, referred to as "The Ancients"
  • Added ancient structures, which work as shortcuts
  • Added Glyphs, the second kind of Enhancements
  • Added functional, animated cockpit displays for all player ships
  • Added option to hide HUD in cockpit view
  • Added new device: Missile Turret
Tweaks
  • Tweaked derelict colonial stations to get better performance and avoid crashes
  • Containers carried by freighters now have individual looks (Credits, equipment, fuel...)
  • New animated Jump Suppressor Mesh
  • Reworked Missile Defense System to have an active duration rather than requiring manual activation
  • Prolong time until Okkar forces arrive after alert is shown and don't let them have jump suppressors
  • Removed Collision Damage subroutine and added it as positive effect for Infinite Drift subroutine
  • Changed sensory overload subroutine so that hull and shield bars are not shown anymore instead of okkar forces arriving earlier
  • Further decreased inertia dampening for Infinite Drift subroutine
  • Changed weapon names and descriptions of all primary weapons that had a 'II' suffix
  • Renamed a few subroutines
  • Okkar forces and Colonial warships now won't be able to track you down in cloud field locations
  • Shields now start with 0 hp and immediately regenerate when picked up
  • Increased Plasma Mine life time and prevent triggering by user
  • Increased Front Shield Generator cooldown duration
  • Increased Time Extender cooldown duration and decreased Mk2 & Mk3 effect duration
  • Increased Beam Laser II charge duration
  • Let pursuing Okkar forces drop inferior loot with a tendency towards fuel
  • List backer names in credits
  • Use backer-penned names for players and most wanted criminals
  • Included backer corporation names in codex and equipment descriptions
  • Reduced Scout hitpoints - starts with 250 (instead of 300) and can only go up to 355 with hull hitpoints perk now
  • Reduced colonial station laser trap hull damage
  • Forcefield generators are no longer affected by area damage
  • Optimized overall performance
  • Some minor UI changes
  • Tweaked color grading to work better in some environments
  • Outlaw Chief is now called Outlaw Bomber
Bugfixes
  • Fixed Drone Override that was not working
  • Fixed bug where the Shield Booster would actually increase the Shut Down Duration and Recharge Delay instead of decreasing it
  • Fixed some dialogs not being spoken and not being affected by voice volume change
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to navigate out of the item action box with in equipment screen
  • Fixed a bug where the game crashed when looting devices with installed mods from your old shipwreck
  • Fixed Grey Goo not spawning
  • Fixed subroutine spawner not disappearing if all subroutines have been collected
  • Fixed subroutine Beeline not removing homing ability from player's missiles
  • Fixed subroutine Jump Repairs not restoring the correct amount of health
  • Fixed not being able to scroll perk description box with right stick
  • Fixed some perk values falsely rounded to integer values
  • Fixed deadlock when pressing tab before selecting jump destination
  • Fixed freighter wrecks not being affected by scanning
  • Fixed crafting list focus jumping between entries while crafting multiple items
  • Fixed weapon charge sound still playing when switching weapons while charging

Comments

• ZoritaZorita Posts: 18
    The words "Missile" and "Turret" being together filled me with joy. Will play the Gunship for sure to get this !

Oh and by the way, thanks a lot for the fix in derelict stations <3
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 71
    Thanks for the update! I look forward to trying out all the new stuff
  • Yes yes, thanks for this Great Update. The game crashes always happened at the wrong time.

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!.........******........********
  • And I Quote

> The words "Missile" and "Turret" being together filled me with joy.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 721
    edited April 13
    Mac Update: Bad news, the Mac build that we just prepared for Steam is crashing on start. So unfortunately there won't be a new update today and we won't be back in the office until Tuesday (Easter Holidays). We're kindly asking for your understanding and your patience. Sorry!
  • PuggPugg Posts: 6
    Dang! I was all excited about trying out the Mac version tonight.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 905
    Pugg said:

Dang! I was all excited about trying out the Mac version tonight.

Just hang in there; the wait has been a while but it's just around the corner! Thank you so much for your patience, and don't let that excitement get quelled just yet. ;-)
    yeah, we got skipped on that whole update. still hyped though!
  • Also Mac here, thanks for the explanation. Hopefully it will all be ok on Tuesday!
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 53
    I like the new update. Great job!

Noticed two things:

1) The enhancement that gives you unlimited boost with no energy expenditure (sorry, forgot the name off the top of my head) doesn't seem to work on the last level of the game. But only the last level I believe.

2) There is an occasional stutter for 1-2 seconds. Happens once every few levels. Literally, never had a frame rate drop before in 50 hours of gameplay.

----------------
    Computer: MSI MS-7930
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 (Haswell-DT Refresh, C0)
    3300 MHz (33.00x100.0) @ 3700 MHz (37.00x100.0)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI PLUS (MS-7930)
    Chipset: Intel Z97
    Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 800 MHz, 11-11-11-28
    - 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBRL
    Graphics: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
    Drive: OCZ-ARC100, 234.4 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: ST1000DM003-1CH162, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30, BD-R
    Sound: Intel 9-series Chipset - High Definition Audio Controller [A0]
    Sound: NVIDIA GP104 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Network: Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)
    edited April 15
    Hey @invenio ! I can help you out with the first question. Unfortunately I can't speak to the stutter issues.
    invenio said:

1) The enhancement that gives you unlimited boost with no energy expenditure...doesn't seem to work on the last level of the game. But only the last level I believe.

v0.5 Infinite Drift (old)
    Energyless Boosting while causing the ship to slide around more.

v0.7 Infinite Drift UPDATED
    Grants 50% Collision Damage while causing the ship to slide around even more.

Essentially, when you updated near the end of your run, the Enhancement updated as well. You can see what the Enhancement effects are during a run by going to your Equipment Menu, then the STATS tab, and selecting ENHANCEMENTS on the left-hand side; the details should show the updated features there.

Some of the other Enhancements were updated as well, so you might skim through the update notes to ensure you've got a good understanding of how they've been modified!
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 53
    Yup, that's what it was.
  • solicitorsolicitor Posts: 1
    I have the windows play anywhere version I bought from MS. Its running v0.4.5.0- how do I update this? I'm looking at the windows store and it says "product installed" and "play"
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 721
    Mac version should be live now, apologies for the delay!

@solicitor: Please try again, I guess something went wrong but it should now be possible to download the update

• Hello guys...
    Finally another update as it should be though ... miss my mother tongue, ITALIAN !!!
    Please, if you want to increase your fame in Italy, please enter our language soon.
    A greeting and good game at all ;-)
    Thank you ;-)))))
    edited April 19
    Hey @lucianoangelini ! Localization for Italian is in the works for the release on May 26th. :wink:
    Dang, we got a a release date? I'm hyped! Been playing the new update and it's wonderful. Every time I see *new ship color* I get excited xD the ancient structures were great and fun to figure out. The g & b distress beacon is a great new addition, the cooldown for consumables is much appreciated as well. I can't wait to see how a story fits into this. Oh and just my personal preference, I liked the old voice actor much better, but I understand there would probably be complications. Best of luck!
  • Bl4ckSh33pBl4ckSh33p GermanyPosts: 24
    hi. do you already know if we can keep part or all of our progress/perks? :)
    @Bl4ckSh33p as it currently stands, the game is moving in a direction to keep all progression at launch (with a hard reset option as well).
  • troopitroopi Posts: 70
    Awesome work, ROCKFISH!
    edited April 25
    great :)
    any other updates planned before release?
    @Bl4ckSh33p , after v0.7, the full release is the next item on the development timeline. With it comes the story, campaign mission, cinematic flashbacks and in-game cut scenes as well as achievements and localization.
    thanks. :)
  • The game is addictive and amazing right now in terms of gameplay, the ancients are a great addition! I can't wait to see what happens with the story!
  • Hi. Are there any updates planned after full release?
    edited May 3

Hi. Are there any updates planned after full release?

Hello @gustavo_sanchez ! As a long-time follower since it's Kickstarter, I can say I would be very surprised if we didn't see at least a little bit of love from the developers after release. They've been very responsive to the community and have implemented a lot of suggestions from others, all the while keeping their focus on the promises they made during the Kickstarter.

Hardcore mode is one such example: it has been suggested several times on the forums with developers confirming it will be added to the game, but there's a good chance this won't happen until after launch. As such, we'll likely see this update a little later.

DLC has been a topic on the forums from time to time as well, so I think once the game is finalized we'll see a little bit of additional content, simply based on how passionate the developers are.

There are varying factors that could change this outcome of course, but I think some pretty strong evidence points towards additional content after release (based on conversations here in the forums).
  • Ciao Ragazzi...
    Io il Beta Test l'ho finito già tre volte e non mi stanco mai di giocarci tentando di rifinirlo ogni volta...
    Spero che nel Gioco Completo si possa andare oltre il livello 7 e magari ricevendo aggiornamenti con missioni diverse nel seguito...
    Buon gioco a tutti e forza EVERSPACE ;-)
  • senCyssenCys Posts: 1
    Are you planning to continue with the "Story" ... I would like to go beyond sector 7 by going through that portal in sector 7.
    I kinda need to know what will be on the other side of the portal. (",)
    senCys said:

Are you planning to continue with the "Story" ... I would like to go beyond sector 7 by going through that portal in sector 7.
    I kinda need to know what will be on the other side of the portal. (",)

The story (along with the campaign mission, cinematic flashbacks and in-game cut scenes as well as achievements and localization) will be packaged into the full Everspace release on May 26th.
    I can't wait to see if they can pull off fitting a story into this. They sure have a great game and setting to put it into. Best of luck! I guess at this point it's just polishing it I believe, but that said I can't wait! It's been quite a journey, and I can't wait to see where it goes. This has been an amazing Kickstarter, you guys did everything right.