2 days in and one long game later
Pretty good for an alpha. The visuals are great and the controls (graded for early state, they need more options) are pretty good.
- Stable, has not crashed one
- combat is a little too hard, it seems at times that the enemies cant miss and more than 3 real (as in non drones) is going to be a slug.
- tone down the (early) outlaw missile turrets, I think I had 6 in one little area of a starting map once...
- As others have said, tracking what and where things are is way too difficult, if I'm in a furball with 2-3 enemies they need to stand out from the dozen or so non-hostile objects
- people have brought up power, its definitely odd that the booster is tied to the same power pool, but you learn to deal with it
- the tech tree needs to be less of a mystery, what do I have to do to unlock lets say the starting equipment row should be clear
- also some of the items (such as getting a third weapon) in the tech tree dont work like the rest of them, most you upgrade and there is your extra stuff, that one you have to upgrade 3-5 times before getting a third slot.
- its not clear that you can eventually carry over cash from run to run, and really, that shouldn't be an upgrade it should just carry over (at least at a very very high percentage), with the game being somewhat random not every run is going to be a bankable one once you get to needing several $k per upgrade
- My longest run came to an end when I flew off the map (while fittingly enough chasing dark matter..the screen goes dark before you die) that needs to have more warning or just not happen (again in my case I was flying at a game object that was out of bounds)
- only other good bug I hit was a jump point (the normal ones not the gate) that didnt work..and I got fried by the interceptors.
- windup time on the charged weapons is a little too long for their effectiveness.
- missiles in general might be a little too effective