Battle Replay

DeathpactDeathpact Posts: 29Member
Hello all !

I don't know if this feature is possible or has been asked for before but here is my idea i would like to see in the game :smile:

A battle replay.
Each time you make a great skirmish where you destroy loads of enemies the game would offer the possibility to create a separate file you could watch when out of the game. It would be like a movie of your battle you could watch from outside of your ship or from different POV. You could share those files on youtube or facebook to show your incredible pilot skills or just for the pleasure of watching your battle from a spectator pov.

It could be only available through crafting for example like an item that records your last fight once you spend it... or maybe a camera drone ^^

I think it might well be a good feature to further the hype about Everspace thanks to sharing on the social media !

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited March 2017
    I really like that idea, actually. Though I don't think it would hold up well as an in-game device. It would serve well as a menu feature, like Action Freeze.

Not sure about it's implementation into the game systems, either. I'm not well-versed in programming, but it seems like it would be remarkably difficult for the game to record an entire area for a 6DoF replay option.

But dang, that would be awesome.
  • DeathpactDeathpact Posts: 29Member
    Glad you like the idea ! If it is not too difficult technically i definitely see it as a good Perk for the game !
    Maybe this needs to be in the community forum ?
  • troopitroopi Posts: 83Member
    I like it too, but it's a waaaay difficult thing to make.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    Yes, would be awesome of course but would take way too much time and money, so it's not gonna happen, sorry.
    I rather have all the resources put into the core game actually. Keep up the amazing job !!
  • Niki0beasNiki0beas Posts: 1Member
    I think that so.