next/previous weapon refuse to rebind from scroll wheel [PC]

OneSpeedOneSpeed Posts: 4Member
When rebinding the "next weapon" or "previous weapon" command to a non default key the game insists on keeping them also bound to the defaults (mouse scroll up/down), even if you've also assigned the scroll wheel to another task.

(also you cannot submit a discussion to this forum if you're using mozilla firefox, as the button does not appear)

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    OK, thanks for reporting. We will have a look.
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgPosts: 101Administrator
    Hi @OneSpeed ! Thanks for reporting. I checked your discussion issue in the forum with mozilla firefox (windows 10/firefox 51.0.1). With a "member" forum user-role you should be able to post discussions in the bug reports category.

The alpha and beta subcategories however are read-only and don't allow discussions anymore.

Should you still have problems please contact me via PM.
    I cannot reproduce the issue. Did you use the small trash can icons to get rid of the binding first?
  • OneSpeedOneSpeed Posts: 4Member
    yes, I've tried every available combination of deleting the binding and rebinding to various keys. even if I fill both available kebind slots with junk keys it will still rebind to the next/previous weapon. and if there's a free slot in the keybind menu it will fill it back in and display it as bound to scroll-up/down.

If you like I could take screenshots or record a video demonstrating it.
    If it's not to much of a hassle to take a video, that would be great. Maybe I misunderstood something.
    edited March 2017
    hope this helps:

I didn't narrate it, but as you can see from the equipment-ui up top changing my device/consumable also changes the equipped primary.
    OK, great! Thanks for the video.
    I still couldn't reproduce the issue. Maybe your ini file is broken.
    You can try to delete the keybindings file here:

AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

The game will create a new one next time you start the game with default settings. Then rebind the keys to your liking and let me know if it works for you.
    That fixed it, Thanks.