Insta death black hole after tabbing.

ForavenForaven Member Posts: 121
edited March 2017 in GAMEPLAY (ES1)
Well, my last run ended in a black hole, but i should have survived it. I was just starting to be sucked in, i tabbed to swap one of my devices for a boost one so i could break free, but as soon as i returned to the game my ship got sucked in. Not sure if it was meant that way, but i should have had a chance to break away...

Edit; Not the first time this happened, been sucked in that way even though i should have had enough time to break free, but tabbing out for messing with the inventory always ended up in a death regardless of how far i was from the hole initially.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 570
    OK, I will have a look if there's something wrong. Thanks for reporting.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,157
    Foraven said:

Not the first time this happened, been sucked in that way even though i should have had enough time to break free, but tabbing out for messing with the inventory always ended up in a death regardless of how far i was from the hole initially.

Are you sure? I'm unable to reproduce this.

• ForavenForaven Member Posts: 121

Foraven said:

Not the first time this happened, been sucked in that way even though i should have had enough time to break free, but tabbing out for messing with the inventory always ended up in a death regardless of how far i was from the hole initially.

Are you sure? I'm unable to reproduce this.

Well, as far as i can tell, if i'm close enough of a black hole for the alarms to ring and i use the tab key to mess with the inventory (or anything else), once i return to flying the ship i get no chance to do anything as the death by black hole animation play right away. It happened to me a few times but i never really tried to confirm it automatically happen. For sure i have no instance i managed to make a booster device or energy injectors that i had the time to make use of once i return to flying the ship.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited March 2017
    I just tested this and can't seem to reproduce it, either. Once inside the singularity warning and I tab, I've had no issue returning to the game and boosting away. Are you sure you're not given the chance to escape because you're right next to the black hole when you go to the inventory screen?
  • ForavenForaven Member Posts: 121
    edited March 2017

I just tested this and can't seem to reproduce it, either. Once inside the singularity warning and I tab, I've had no issue returning to the game and boosting away. Are you sure you're not given the chance to escape because you're right next to the black hole when you go to the inventory screen?

Might just be me then. Or maybe it's because i'm no longer pressing the forward key as i return to the game, meaning my ship is no longer thrusting away when i return to it. Anyway, i'm probably just unlucky with this, i normally avoid getting close to a blackhole.
  • DeathpactDeathpact Member Posts: 29
    I have managed to play with the black hole usually but last time i was really surprised. I just got a dark energy and woof i was swallowed. Maybe i am not proficient enough with black holes but it seemed i didn't have much chance to fight the alarm started ringing and maybe two seconds later i was done for even if i was pulling away. The other tries i made seemed much more "playable"
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    I noticed that using the Time Extender near a Black Hole can help a bit. If you've got one on hand, try utilizing the extra movement it provides to see if you can break the pull.

Aside from that, the only other means I know of getting through a Black Hole is attempting a gravitational fling, meaning you turn back towards the Black Hole and boost, hoping you swing around it and break orbit.

Or you could just make sure you have an Energized Boost on hand, of course. :D