About blueprints drops...

ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
edited March 2017 in GAMEPLAY
Last run i did, i was literally showered with blueprints, got more than a dozen (most of them in the first few sectors). Not sure how it is coded but it seem to me that the more blueprints i have, the more likely they are to drop. Seem that way every time i retested my runs, blueprints are rare at first but the more i have the more common they seem to get. And it doesn't need to be special enemies like drone carriers or corvettes, i'm getting blueprints from pretty much any kind of enemies (but i guess a skull is needed). I think blueprints shouldn't be a regular drop but something only special enemies and difficult to get and/or locked containers should have. Well, maybe low tier blueprints could remain easy to find but the higher end ones like mk2 and mk3 shouldn't be that easy to get. The way it currently is, you are very likely to get blueprints in any kind of encounters, locked containers rarely have any.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,045Moderator
    It's pretty much implemented like you're suggesting: There is a very low chance for ordinary fighters to drop blueprints (about 2%), higher chance in tech containers, and a much higher chance for bigger ships. When a blueprint should drop then there's less chance for higher tier blueprints to drop. But all this is also influenced by the "rare loot chance" perk.

I know that the drops sometimes feel imbalanced, but It realls mostly comes down to the random generator.
  • Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 77Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    @ROCKFISH_Andi Giving large ship a chance to drop enhancements? Not guaranteed or even a high one.
  • Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 77Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    Okkar gunship/ Drone carrier/ Equipment container to have exclusive enhancement from each faction.
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member

I know that the drops sometimes feel imbalanced, but It realls mostly comes down to the random generator.

Seem to me though that odds for blueprints is much higher than enhanced weapons. Even with the perks upgraded, they are still very rare. Also now that i have all the blueprints, corvettes and carriers seem to drop a lot less of loot.