Update 0.4.2.30747

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 961Moderator
edited April 2017 in NEWS
We've just released a new update. Highlights include enhancements that can be equipped in the hangar, derelict colonial stations, ship color customization and alternative loadouts.

See the complete list of changes below. Please note that Drone Overrides won't work in this version.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer this update on Mac due to several severe issues that popped up after migrating to Unreal Engine version 4.14. We're still working on solutions, but chances are high that we will have to wait for a new Unreal Engine version before we can release the update.

New Features

• Added enhancements that can be equipped in the hangar
  • Added new points of interest: Derelict Colonial stations
  • Added player ship colors: Some are unlocked from the start, more can be collected during runs
  • Added alternative ship loadouts
  • Replaced voice actor for protagonist
  • Added new consumable: Distress Beacon
  • Added new consumable: Nano Extractor
  • Added new consumable: Sensor Drone
  • Added new challenge "Survive a Warship attack"
  • Added 1st person view without cockpit
  • The three most crafted blueprints in the current run will now be listed at the top of each crafting list
Tweaks

• Reworked Colonial Interceptor model and cockpit
  • Consumables will now be activated after holding down the button for a short time to prevent accidental activation
  • All device Sub-Routines have been turned into enhancements. Players who had any of these blueprints unlocked will automatically unlock the respective enhancements.
  • The Devastator Sub-Routine Enhancement is now Gunship-exclusive
  • Shield Disruptor is now Interceptor-exclusive
  • Energy Discharger can now also be used on the Interceptor
  • Front Shield Generator can now be used on the Gunship and is even Gunship exclusive
  • Increased Gunship armor by 10%
  • Added and additional device slot for Gunship
  • Increased Gunship energy core recharge rate and added a few perk levels
  • Drones will now always travel with you, the ability is not Gunship exclusive anymore.
  • Added a level to the Gunship's drones perk theat regenerates hull of drones after jumping.
  • Increased distance of deployed drones to player ships
  • All sorts of Okkars, not only Interceptors can jump in before the Warships arrive
  • Okkar Interceptors are now a common, though rare, enemy in later sectors
  • The effects of previous perk levels are now displayed for perks that have unique descriptions per level
  • Hull repairs at service stations are now limited but can be increased with the trading perk
  • Enhanced turrets can now be found
  • Increased energy allocations of Mk2/Mk3 Shields and Adaptive Armor
  • Removed cooldown for Missile Defense Systems
  • Energy Discharger now won't damage friendly units
  • Don't deal or receive damage when colliding with friendly units
  • Outlaw Drone carrier will now only re-override its own link drones if they got overridden, not all player drones
  • Time Extenders will now leave the player ship unaffected while active
  • Freighter in generic repair mission will now ask for all kinds of resources, not only nano-bots
  • Sensors now need crystals instead of processors to repair which makes finding the needed resources easier without radar
  • Reduced sensor damage radar impairment
  • Show amount of deployed drones in HUD
  • Only show "New ship available" message once
  • Added new message when unlocking Enhancements, Colors, Loadouts and Blueprints
  • Yellow marker colors are now only used for neutral units. Pickups, asteroids and other objects are now drawn in light blue.
  • Added jump suppressor markers
  • Added service station marker
  • Traders will sometimes offer Access Keys
  • Added Access Keys to Bonus Gear Offers
  • Increased alert log font size
  • Removed challenge "Kill 5 Okkar Interceptors in a single run"
  • Added possbility to remap "P" key for opening the system menu
  • Thermo Gun II will now fire bursts rather than bundles of projectiles
  • Tweaked skybox generation to allow for more variation
Bugfixes

• Fixed generic minefield mission automatically succeeding
  • Fixed player deploy drones not having shields when respective perk level was reached
  • Fixed some loot being spawned way outside of level bounds
  • Fixed a bug where the game would hang when the last secondary weapon of a slot was fired while the others were set to "skip when switching"
  • Fixed turrets of Okkar Corvette and G&B Fighter not turning friendly if ship's mainframe gets overridden
  • Fixed camera stuttering when flying in third person
  • Fixed codex screen in hangar being unresponsive when using controller
  • Fixed a bug where game could freeze when firing last secondary weapon of a kind
  • Fixed a bug where drone carriers could be mainframe overridden
  • Fixed black hole alert sounds and lightning sound not being affected by volume settings
  • Fixed a bug when trying to collect previously excess nano bots after crafting nano injectors
  • Fixed Okkar Swarm Fighters speaking with Outlaw voices
  • Fixed ships not colliding with crystals

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,093Moderator, Space Cat
    Working on a content video to showcase some of these great features off...but there's too many of them! Best kind of overwhelming EVER. <3
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    Aw man no iMac for this update? *dies inside* Oh well time to wait it out. As always, I look forward to it. It's been amazing so far.
    For those who want to see a little bit of what the new update has to offer, I made a little video.

• ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
    edited March 2017
    I must say i am impressed with the new version. The game run more smoothly than before on my aging computer, and the new content will give me something to look for for a few more runs. The improvements to the gunship makes the ship worthwhile now, but it's still more difficult to play than the other 2 ships. I don't know about the change of the voice actor, i felt quite alright with the old one. Also, a lot of lines normally given by the onboard computer no longer play for some reason, so only the pilot actually speak...
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 961Moderator
    Foraven said:

Also, a lot of lines normally given by the onboard computer no longer play for some reason, so only the pilot actually speak...

We've added a few lines of dialogue to the game and only recorded them with the new protagonist voice actor, new recordings with the HIVE actor are still pending, that's why in some cases HIVE's voice is missing.
  • QuestionableQuestionable Posts: 1Member

Foraven said:

Also, a lot of lines normally given by the onboard computer no longer play for some reason, so only the pilot actually speak...

We've added a few lines of dialogue to the game and only recorded them with the new protagonist voice actor, new recordings with the HIVE actor are still pending, that's why in some cases HIVE's voice is missing.
    1.Not to question your decision on voice actors, but the new one seems to be dead serious at all times, while the old one had a more upbeat and casual theme to it. Having played enough with the old voice actor, I have grown to really like it. I am guessing that with new voice lines being added you don't have the option for the old voice actor. My question is this, did the team feel that the "mood" of the voice actor needed to be changed, or is this a some other kind of issue.

2.Any ETA on when the voice work will be patched for the HIVE?

3.This is not related to the patch, but is there any kind of ETA on when the story part of the game will be added in?

• ZoritaZorita Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
    This new update is really insane ! I'm quite fond of the new ThermoII version and color customizations for ships currently. However I had some severe fps drops while inside those new -yet dangerous- broken stations. Will update my drivers and verify this lil issue, plus reporting this if it's still there.

Enjoy testing everyone and once again Rockfish, thanks for this new content :D
  • exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
    Can we kill the Warships yet?
    edited March 2017
    exwhyzee said:

Sounds like a great thing to test out!

Edit: Just dropped 4 ARC-9000s on a Warship to no avail; looks like they're still indestructible. But this won't last forever...
  • exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
    edited March 2017

exwhyzee said:

Sounds like a great thing to test out!
    With the Scout. Newest highest DPS. RIP Interceptor :(

EDIT: I don't know what's with my internet, but clearly I should have more patience instead of pressing buttons until they work.
  • fozzimusfozzimus Posts: 4Member
    I'm having a lot of trouble with the Windows Store version of the game. It's not syncing with my Windows Live save, so it's not carrying over my progress from XBOX, and I'm affraid of the client overwritting the Live save and reseting all of my progress =/

Any tips?
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 30Member
    Overall the new update feels great, seems like a lot more to explore and it feels much more finished

I'm loving the new HUD only view!

There is probably more of a difference for me than others since Xbox went from 0.2 to 0.4

Niggles to mention:
    The light blue shading of resources/pickups makes them hard to see in some situations

The new jump sequence is better, but having a boost sound at the end feels cheap. It should be a unique sound specific to jumping.
  • lucianoangelinilucianoangelini Posts: 19Member
    Buongiorno...
    Si blocca anche a me, ho acquistato tempo fa l'anteprima e sono un assiduo giocatore XBOX ONE e noto che con la nuova versione, *ultimo aggiornamento* il gioco mi si blocca spesso ritornando indietro poi alla schermata Home del gioco.
    Spero risolviate al più presto perchè il vostro gioco lo amo!;-)
    Per quanto riguarda il resto, nel gioco, sarebbe bellissimo se si potesse scendere sui pianeti come ad esempio Battlescape-

Sarebbe bellissimo con il vostro lavoro e la grafica di EVERSPACE :-)
    Grazie un saluto
  • Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 77Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    Finally. Also please consider a switch port, as 4.15 add support for the platform.
  • daytonadaytona Posts: 45Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited March 2017
    Oh my! I've been away for sometime and it's nice to see a bucket load of content now. I got myself a shiny new 4K Ultra HD curved monitor coming today and i've chosen Everspace to be the first experience :smile:
  • thedarkbobothedarkbobo Posts: 3Member
    Not sure where to post this so maybe here :)
    Few things that bug me:
    - On blue maps blue icons for tech and other containers are not visible, similarly on maps with a lot of visuals (storm) I guess one could hold alt for big red icons?
    - I don't like too much that some items are only for gunship..I guess there could be energy cost making it harder to use on other ships but still doable after energy upgrades etc
    - I like the idea of drones, as disablers, but the damage they deal is not reasonable
    - I wonder if you could activate destruction model for some/all debris/asteroids
    - Auto aim for missle turrets out of line of sight -BEEP- :D
    - Might be good to add more BFG type weapons (like consuming a lot of energy short beam or black hole generator)
    - You could add unlock skill levels(or add a dozen more) for some or all skills with diminishing returns - and for higher replayability.
  • SpudankySpudanky Posts: 4Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm a leaf on the wind! Don't know if I'm slow to get better, or if it's said after a certain duration in game time, but in that moment, while trigger dodging a gaggle of angry drones, that's exactly how I felt!! Like a leaf on that mother effin' wind! 11/10. Top five gaming moments. Up there with riding the Kestrel for the first time in Escape Velocity. If you couldn't tell I'm the OTHER Everspace player who runs it on OSX. Which relates since I must express my sadness that my favorite moment in Everspace is now portrayed in a different voice as of this new patch. I may just never update the game. Perhaps neither will you for Mac! Only two, three people tops that you'd be upsetting. Seriously, I have a 27" iMac Late 2013 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M chip with dedicated memory. The game runs really smooth and beautiful on epic graphics settings, for like, 10-20 seconds, and then starts progressively lagging until it's quite unplayable. I can run it on the lowest settings and for the most part it's smooth. I understand the version I'm running isn't optimized for OSX. Update wise, Any Mac love would be greatly appreciated. Overall, I just wanted to share my impressions and outdated experience, plus express thanks and gratitude for developing an already awesome 'n far-out game.
    You and me both ^
  • Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 77Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    I did experience lag with 750 ti on Some parts (mostly large constructs filled with turrets and drones). Which is why I am considering amd's new gpus.
    edited March 2017
    Yulia11 said:

I did experience lag with 750 ti on Some parts (mostly large constructs filled with turrets and drones). Which is why I am considering amd's new gpus.

Please note that the developers are aware of the slow-down fps issues around Colonial derelict stations and are seeking to optimize these components of the game in the next update.

In other words, it might not be your computer's issue, but rather an issue in the game itself. As such, it is being addressed. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
  • DismalPantsDismalPants Posts: 1Member
    Hey there. Playing on Xbox One S. Quite soon after entering Colonial derelict stations I get a system hang followed shortly by a reboot. Can replicate it consistently on different runs and using different ships. Hope this helps! Loving the game so far. Had a blast with GOF back in the day too

Hey there. Playing on Xbox One S. Quite soon after entering Colonial derelict stations I get a system hang followed shortly by a reboot. Can replicate it consistently on different runs and using different ships. Hope this helps! Loving the game so far. Had a blast with GOF back in the day too

Unfortunately there are a few known issues on xbox one. Please have a look here for a short summary and how you might avoid a few of these: https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/4192/constant-crashing-xbox-one-s#latest
    Alright it's been awhile, about how much longer are OS X people going to wait for the update? I understand its in the hands of ue4 but just a bit more info would be much appreciated. Best of luck!

Alright it's been awhile, about how much longer are OS X people going to wait for the update? I understand its in the hands of ue4 but just a bit more info would be much appreciated. Best of luck!

We were able to solve the problems on Mac and the next update (for all) is very close

• Raptor95662Raptor95662 Posts: 21Customer
    GIVE BACK THE FRONT SHIELDS... Why did you take them away from the interceptor. Not cool...

GIVE BACK THE FRONT SHIELDS... Why did you take them away from the interceptor. Not cool...

I like to look at it as "finding where it goes" instead of "taking away." ;-)