Info Update 30 - Migration to UE4.14 | Colonial Stations | Ship Colors | Enhancements

GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
edited April 2017 in NEWS
Dear pilots,

Exciting news regarding the next patch is up, including derelict space station exploration, ship customization and run modifiers called Enhancements. And the Gunship is getting buffed, too. Here are the details: http://kck.st/2lA1Bgj

This info drop includes new screenshots as well, so be sure to check it out.
Additionally, this update will be releasing simultaneously on Steam, GOG, Xbox, and the Windows Store.

Are you getting excited? I know I am!

Hope your week has been going well,
Giraffasaur

Comments

• NenacuNenacu Posts: 69Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    Been waiting for this one! I'll have to give it some very in-depth time. Looking forward to getting into the new loadout options and seeing what can be done with the runes.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    If you'd prefer your news in video format, check out the details here:

• exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
    What does this mean for the Interceptor now that the front shield is moved to the gunship? Will there be a new unique for the Interceptor?
    edited February 2017
    exwhyzee said:

What does this mean for the Interceptor now that the front shield is moved to the gunship? Will there be a new unique for the Interceptor?

As it currently stands in v0.3...

COLONIAL INTERCEPTOR
    Exclusives (only this ship may use):
    • Front Shield Generator*
    • Weapon Overdrive
    Restrictions (other two ships may use):
    • NONE

COLONIAL SCOUT
    • Stasis Missile
    • Cloak
    • Teleporter
    • Flak Cannon
    • Fusion Blaster
    • Scatter Gun

COLONIAL GUNSHIP
    • Mine Cluster
    • Energy Discharger
    • Gatling Turret/Laser Turret
    • Coil Gun
    • Shock Rifle
    • Thermo Gun
    • Shield/Shield XC
    • Shield Charge Drone
    • Shield Booster

As you can see from this information, the Interceptor has the least number of restricted items from it's arsenal. This, paired with the Front Shield Generator, makes it an incredibly overpowering force. Not to mention, the Gunship has the most restricted items from it's arsenal, even though it has a lot of storage space.

Moving the Front Shield Generator to the Gunship does three things. First, it gives the Gunship a type of skill-based damage control via activation and positioning. Second, it aids the Gunship in an area it is already lacking (defenses). And finally, it removes the overpowered nature it has on the Interceptor's design.

There is strong chance these Exclusives/Restrictions will still be changed around a little before release, and you never know what new items we'll see enter the mix!

Honestly, I think the Gunship should have the Teleporter exclusive to itself, too...the Scout already has enough mobility. In fact, I think it would make more sense for the Gunship to have the most options of pairing items together. This way, the Gunship becomes powerful in the field of your choosing (what you install) instead of requiring you to go a specific direction (Front Shield Generator, Adaptive Armor, etc).

At the end of the day though, I love the changes being spoken about in the upcoming update. I'm looking forward to trying out the updated behemoth that is the Gunship.
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 121Member
    I feel it's the right upgrade for the gunship. Of all the possible fighters, this one rely much more on firepower than anything else to stay alive (guns, missiles, turret). It's a big fat and slow target, and most of it's arsenal are more suited for short-medium range combat; being able to carry around it's own cover rather than having to use what is available seem to suit it perfectly. I do think the gunship options should be centered around making it better at standing it's ground or at unleashing more devastation (missiles, drones), mobility isn't something it should rely on, at least not during fighting.

That being said, having the gunship the means to cruise around the map between fight is sorely needed. A long range teleporter, a cruise engine that allow high top speed at the cost of maneuvring, a wormhole generator allowing it to gate it's way to another part of the map... It needs a way to cross long distance with ease either to reach places on time or make a getaway when it's too much for it. But the gunship main purpose should alway be to be a pocket battlecruiser. Going toe to toe with adversity should be the whole point of the gunship.

• exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
    I guess we'll see how this patch turns out. I'm looking forward to turning out the new roguelike destroyer builds.
    edited March 2017
    Just a head's up for everyone, this is from the Steam Forums:

Unfortunately we encountered quite a few bugs in the last few days when testing the release candidate. Some of them were especially hard to debug as they did not occur in the development build. Just yesterday we encountered a new problem when one of our old save games caused a crash. We were able to fix it and are now testing again. We also submitted this new version to Microsoft with the hope of getting fast approval.

TL;DR - The patch was slightly delayed, but have no fear. Even though we didn't see it drop before the end of February, know that it's arrival is imminent! :heart:

Stay frosty pilots,
    Giraffasaur
  • RhoddersRhodders Posts: 26Member
    YES YES YES!!!!!! :smiley:
  • RhoddersRhodders Posts: 26Member
    So looking forward to this
    :)
  • CremboCrembo Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Anticipation rising. This game significantly improves with every update so far. Gimme!
    Crembo said:

Anticipation rising. This game significantly improves with every update so far. Gimme!

The Update is out! Go play it!

Patch notes:
    https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/4166/update-0-4-2-30747