Redoing static end-game profiles.

exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
Will there be a use for credits once you have purchased all available Perks?

What about redoing the starter perk and implementing a shop? The starting perk dictates what equipment the starter shop will have, and the player is able to buy starting loadouts based on the credits they'd accumulated?

That keeps credits as a desirable resource.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,045Moderator
    Yes, it would be nice to have more ways to spend your credits on, especially after having maxed out all perks. As there's still so much work to be done it's not high on the list right now, though. And whatever it is it should probably not be too complex and require too much work. One of the ideas was head-start items (quite similar to what you're suggesting)
  • exwhyzeeexwhyzee Posts: 19Member
    Head-start items, consisting of the ability to purchase Enhanced editions of the weapons you'd normally use? Or is the intention to keep them solely RNG drops? Is this going to be good enough to tempt people to forgo saving for a perk to purchase a head-start item, or is it intended on being a dump for credits?

I realise it's early days and there might not be answers to this. It is reassuring to know it's been considered though. Thanks!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited January 2017
    I wonder if it would be functional to have a Credit-sink Perk that is only active during a single run?

For instance, if the player drops a single-use 30k Credits on a "shaky alliances" Perk, it makes G&B and Okkar hostile for the entire run. Or maybe they drop 40k on the "Distraction Buoys" Perk, which delays the Interceptors/Warships by 1-2 minutes in every successive area?

These boons would need to be quite expensive though, so they could only be purchased by largely successful runs beforehand.

Or perhaps there could be tiers of these pre-run buffs, so the more you sink into it, the greater it becomes? Like 10k in the Distraction Buoys increases the time by 30 seconds, another 15k increases it to a minute, 20k more makes it two minutes, etc. This way, there's a little buff if you have a little extra, but a powerful bonus if you've been saving up.

More importantly, these would be purchased AFTER all regular Perks have been amassed, creating a reason for storing up those hard-earned Credits in the late-game.
  • NenacuNenacu Posts: 69Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    I like the idea of head-start items, but I might just prefer being able to purchase head-start resources instead in all honestly. I'd much rather begin the game with an extra five or so dark matter in the hold than have a piece of the build before my ship is ready to handle it. :tongue:
    Single run credit sinks would be the best way to go. At that point, where they become available after everything else is bought, then you could have the price on some premium bonuses being around one million. Player progression at that point is, after all, capped. So hard mode has to incentivise the player somewhat even after they've gotten all the blueprints too.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    exwhyzee said:

At that point, where they become available after everything else is bought, then you could have the price on some premium bonuses being around one million.

Because Credits aren't carried over, I think the absolute greatest cost for a remarkable bonus should be 100k, lest a player could not afford anything greater.

But otherwise I agree with everything you've stated. Giving the player more reasons to play after having unlocked all the Perks seems like a powerful way to keep the game alive.

exwhyzee said:

At that point, where they become available after everything else is bought, then you could have the price on some premium bonuses being around one million.

Because Credits aren't carried over, I think the absolute greatest cost for a remarkable bonus should be 100k, lest a player could not afford anything greater.

But otherwise I agree with everything you've stated. Giving the player more reasons to play after having unlocked all the Perks seems like a powerful way to keep the game alive.
    I think your ideas for what to do with it sounds incredible. I don't feel it's enough to just buy a bonus as an incentive - you need to change the face of the game somewhat on an individual basis. For example, having a high cost bonus that brings in reinforcements to reinforcements - G&B sends in equal forces to match interceptors on a 30 second delay when they come in, and warships on a 30 second delay when those roll in. It brings in the potential for some pretty significant and large-scale battles for the player to participate in on a per-map basis.