PS3 controller support?

sk0nkm0nk3ysk0nkm0nk3y Posts: 1Member
The LT button of the PS3 controller is unresponsive, it works fine with other games.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I know that this issue has been cataloged before, but I'm unsure if implementation of the PS3 controller is specifically being addressed at this time.

From the Game Page, "Gamepads and joysticks will be supported once the respective stretch goals are met, as it takes a lot of work." From the Kickstarter, Full Gamepad & Hotas Support was NOT reached, but I know the team still had plans to make the Everspace experience more accessible. In fact, other stretch goals that were not met are still making their way into the game (like Hardcore mode and XBox version), so the Kickstarter page might be misleading.

It looks like @ROCKFISH_HCK or @ROCKFISH_Andi will have to drop by for PS3 controller implementation information. :smiley:
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    I vaguely remember this being reported before. I'm not sure that we can do much about it at the moment, we're using xbox one and ps4 controllers (with ds4windows) here at work and these work fine with all buttons and we're going the standard unreal engine key mapping way. It might be related to the fact that LT can be used as button or as axis. I'll check the problem but it's likely that we're going to have to address Epic.
  • DaaVDaaV Posts: 2Member
    Any updates regarding PS3 pad bug? Still doesn't work on my Mac OS Mojave :(
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    DaaV said:

Any updates regarding PS3 pad bug? Still doesn't work on my Mac OS Mojave :(

Hi, I assume that you are the same person who wrote on the Steam forums, we gave the following answer there:

Hi there, I just checked this out and this turns out to be an engine issue with the version of Unreal that we're using. Unfortunately, we're using a vanilla version of the engine on Mac, and it will take a while before we might get this fixed, if we will at all. But there are currently two ways around this problem:
    - You could customize your inputs and map the forward thrust to a button that isn't used as often, such as backward thrust or changing the camera view.
    - The better option is probably to use an emulation software like ControllerMate, such as described in the second reply here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/396750/discussions/0/133260492062368694/

Hope this helps!