Xbox 0.2 Bugs

Now I've had some time to get into the game over Christmas, few bugs/tech issues which I haven't seen anyone else mention

This is version 0.2 on an Xbox One Elite, installed to internal HDD

The screen isn't quite centred, there can be text at the edges which I can't see and the game doesn't offer a mechanism to centre it (can't see one on my Samsung TV either)
The most obvious text is the one where it asks you to reconnect your controller, but there is others, but can't say what for sure as I can't see the text

The background 'animation' on the title screen can be very laggy depending on what planet etc. is loaded and the sound can even break up a bit. Some planets are fine

While technically not a bug, can we remove the need to press A to continue loading the game? The game does take a bit to load and that's ok, but having some load, needing to press A and then more loading is a bit annoying.

If there is some error on startup such as issues with the savegame etc., then fine, but in normal successful usecase it shouldn't be needed

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 994Moderator
    Hi, thanks for reporting. Do you have any more example for the off-screen text except for the reconnect controller text?

The press A thingy is an xbox requirement (engagement screen). We could try moving the functionality to the main menu, but it would require some work. I get your point, though.
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 30Member
    For the text, I have seen others, but I'll be damned if I can see it now. It may have been on another TV at a friends, much much smaller than my normal one. If I find any I'll post back.

For the A button, didn't realise that was a requirement. I just launched a few games I have and some do what Everspace does currently, but it doesn't strike me as annoying as they have more video/images while that's happening, even though the overall load time is very long..

Another couple of games have it basically immediately before you are shown options on the title screen, and it then shows it checking for savegames or DLC

I think that is the ideal, as it prevents any accidental stuffup of settings by unintentional launch of game but it means you can have the game ready to play.
    One text truncation just noticed is in bottom left corner in action freeze mode.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 994Moderator
    Ok, thanks
    I finally noticed what I think the other text is, its in the bottom RHS, I believe its just the Build ID as I can make out 0.2.1 (Xbox version.. )