Ship Model "Twitching" in 3rd Person View

DevinDevin Posts: 9Common Beta Backer
Hi,

I'm noticing a persistent issue in which the ship model in third-person "twitches" or stutters. The rest of the game doesn't appear to have this issue; just the ship model. I don't notice any stuttering when playing from first-person view. Unfortunately this can be pretty distracting when playing in 3rd person.

I appear to be getting 100+ fps on Epic settings, and the indicated FPS rarely goes below 90 (at least according to Steam's FPS counter). The model twitch appears unrelated to graphics settings (it occurred on every setting between Low and Epic).

System specs:
2016 Razer Blade
Razer Core
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60 Ghz
16.0 GM main memory
nVidia GTX 1080

I'm also running a G-sync monitor at 144hz, if that matters.

Comments

• DevinDevin Posts: 9Common Beta Backer
    Oh, and I forgot the game version: It's 0.3.0.29930.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,009Moderator
    Hmm, we do have some random ship movement, so it is never completel motionless during a straight flight, but I guess that's not what you mean?
    It seems to happen only when thrusting (so the ship position is changing). I don't see it when the ship is still or when rotating without using the thrusters.

I just did some maneuvering tests and the ship "twitches" back and forth along the thrust axis--e.g. when thrusting upward, the model "vibrates" up and down, and when thrusting sideways, it "vibrates" laterally. When flying forward it twitches forward and backward.

The effect is particularly pronounced when thrusting in multiple directions (such as forward and laterally while dogfighting).
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    Hi Devin,
    are you using the Win64 version (Steam, GOG) or the UWP version (Windows Store)?
    The Win64 version (Steam).