Liked second ship. Want more customisable ships.

There are lots of games that allow players to craft their own ships/robots/machines! Players dig this stuff.

I after playing the second ship, decided I like this ship A LOT more, even though it has less hull, less shield. But I will probably never play first ship ever, because I like the design so much more of the second ship!

Robocraft and similar games allows to completely create your own robot.
Tank games have skins!

If devs could came up with the little tweaks for each ship, that would be superb.
Id like to see everspace ships having to customise each ship like from 15parts. + Colors.
So I could get different wings, different engine, color. And some other cool stuff. This is almost stepping into "evil" microtransaction teritorry, but is there any chance we could see this in full game?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited October 2016
    Rockfish Games definitely wants to satisfy the creative inside each and every one of us. I would be surprised if we weren't able to customize our ships a little bit at the time of release. Their Kickstarter revealed plans of different components of the ship being altered based on the equipment being used, and also showcased different color palettes on the Colonial Interceptor:

The Space Rogue Kickstarter Tier also provides a special rogue-style skin, indicating that different skins for the ships are likely possible, as well.

All in all, I think customization has been on the backburner for the game because they want to nail the mechanics and features first. With a bit more time, I'm sure we'll get some control over what our ship will look like.
  • GoldAsteroidGoldAsteroid Member Posts: 68
    Ye i keep forgeting that kickstarter page. What is that violet homing missile weapon? Is it in game currently?

What is that violet homing missile weapon? Is it in game currently?

That is an early version of the Thermo Gun. B)
    edited October 2016
    @GoldAsteroid , wanted to point out another cool thing in the current version: DID YOU KNOW that certain upgraded Perks alter the current version's ship aesthetics?

Here's just one little example of Before and After with the new Colonial Scout:

Simple Engines

In addition to the two additional engines below the main, the wings curve in a little more and grant engine stabilizers on the sides as well.
    Well that might be the case but i already unlocked all perks.. :) still this ship feels more agile. Is it any faster?

Well that might be the case but i already unlocked all perks.. :) still this ship feels more agile. Is it any faster?

You can see all the stat changes at the ship selection screen; not only is the ship faster, it's scanning range is greater. It's hull and shields are a bit less, but it does replenish shields at a faster rate.
  • BarryBarry Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 36
    Should perks that alter the look of the different ships not have their own perk tree? I was thinking a generic perk tree and I indervidual ones for each ship. That would make more sense for when we can customise colours because it's so easy to jump from ship to ship between runs I may want a red fast interceptor ship, but have a black heavy hull tank ship....you know what I mean! Be annoying to have to keep setting different colours for each run.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but as the new ship just added is the only one that can use the cloak then again an indervidual perk tree would made sense on perks such as increasing cloak time / energy consumption etc.

I also feel adding indervidual ship perks would be more fun as it would encourage players to fly these ships to unlock everything and also result in different play styles being used.
    edited October 2016
    @Barry I would be surprised if there wasn't some kind of aesthetic options to the ship before each run (meaning we should be able to add different skins/colors to the ship itself). They showcased a bit of this during their Kickstarter period, and I don't see any reason why Rockfish Games would back out of a feature they've already revealed.

Also, individual Perk trees is asking for a lot from such a small team, but with the coming Ship-Specific Perks and Selectable Runes, I think we'll see some nice customization options in the future.
    Barry said:

Should perks that alter the look of the different ships not have their own perk tree? I was thinking a generic perk tree and I indervidual ones for each ship. That would make more sense for when we can customise colours because it's so easy to jump from ship to ship between runs I may want a red fast interceptor ship, but have a black heavy hull tank ship....you know what I mean! Be annoying to have to keep setting different colours for each run.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but as the new ship just added is the only one that can use the cloak then again an indervidual perk tree would made sense on perks such as increasing cloak time / energy consumption etc.

I also feel adding indervidual ship perks would be more fun as it would encourage players to fly these ships to unlock everything and also result in different play styles being used.

Great idea - generic tree + unique tree for each ship. -BEEP- this would make more replayability... and its just 10/10 for me :D