Everspace Thoughts

KnotKnot Member Posts: 3
Alright first off: Amazing game.

Brought back that FTL feel perfectly where every run is new and every attempt unique.

The controls are on point. The graphics are phenomenal. The crave of just wanting to become some sort of space pirate is overwhelming. I can honestly say it feels like a nearly finished game. Very well done Rockfish Games and all. I'm not sure what words to put here other than just "Wow."

Some thoughts below on new implementations:
The G&B must love me or have terrible communication because from sub-sector to sub-sector I can destroy them all in the previous one whilst the next one is absolutely unaware of any of my "theft" attempts. I may destroy freighters in one and the next sub-sector's G&B just don't care. I feel like there should be serious repercussions that escalate: 1. The G&B attack you on sight from hence forth. 2. The G&B become stronger/harder to kill (cloak, front shields, teleport, etc.) 3. The G&B start sending out some Interceptors of their own.

Also had one idea of a new enemy type after experiencing it first hand: Ramming Ships. I got destroyed once while dogfighting by a ship that decided to hit me fast and hard from the side haha.

I also stream Everspace every now and then! twitch.tv/Kn0td

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Hi, thanks, glad you're enjoying the game! About the G&B - we might add the feature that they stay hostile and remember your attacks in the planned hardcore mode, or hard difficutly or probably in any case. Some sort of wanted level like in GTA is also on our minds, but we've got so much work to do we just don't know if and when we are going to implement it.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Hey @Knot ! Glad to see you made it to the forums. I'll be trying to poke in on your Everspace streams in the future, as well.