Fire Rate Mod Mk1-3 all have the same energy penalty, despite giving higher firerates

FistOfPubertyFistOfPuberty Posts: 7Common Backer, Customer
I was doing a little fishing through game stats to compile a full list of stats for the current version of Everspace, and I noticed that the Fire Rate Mod stats go as follows:

Fire Rate Mod Mk1: +10% fire rate, +5% energy consumption
Fire Rate Mod Mk2: +14% fire rate, +5% energy consumption
Fire Rate Mod Mk3: +18% fire rate, +5% energy consumption

It's inconsistent with other mods' energy consumption increasing alongside the benefit of the mod.
If this is intentional or already known, feel free to delete the discussion.

Thanks!

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    When a weapon is firing faster, it is using Energy faster as well.

If the Fire Rate Mod Mk3 was consistent with other mods, the Mk3 would be at +20% Energy Consumption. This, paired with +18% Fire Rate, means that pool of Energy would deplete very quickly compared to any equivalent mod.

I think the +5% across the board is intentional, otherwise the Fire Rate Mod Mk2 and Mk3 would be Energy-sucks and very unusable.
  • FistOfPubertyFistOfPuberty Posts: 7Common Backer, Customer
    Ah, see, I hadn't thought about that. There is a direct link between fire rate and energy usage. Very good point. Grats on 500 posts, by the way.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Hah, I didn't even notice I hit 500...that's insane.

But yeah, I had to look into the effect of Energy Consumption in-game to make sure there was a correlation, myself. When a Plasma Laser gains the Fire Rate Mod Mk1, the Energy requirements are increased over 10%, meaning the 10% faster fire rate, in addition to +5% Energy per shot, are really having an effect.