[Item question] Drone Overrides: why does crafting another replace the existing one?

LuomoLuomo Member Posts: 11
When I've picked up a drone override and opened the Equipment tab, under the settings cog I've tried clicking 'Build new' and it states the current unused drone override will be replaced by a new one, even though the max capacity is labeled as '(1/2)'.

Is that because I lack the blueprint? If so why would the 'Build new' item appear in the first place, wouldn't it be 'Salvage' instead? Have only obtained them in two runs so I may be misremembering some specifics.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016
    Hey @Luomo ! Whenever you're selecting the Build New cog in the Equipment tab, you're selecting from a list of your available blueprints to create something for the slot you designated. If there is something in the slot, then you're replacing that item with the new one. Selecting Build New in an empty slot will not replace any of the items currently installed.

Until you get the Drone Override Blueprint, you will not be able to build Drone Overrides.

Essentially, Build New is not creating more of what is in the slot, but rather what you're crafting into the slot. Hope that helps!
  • LuomoLuomo Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the clarification, Giraffasaur. Seems like I must have not paid close enough attention to the secondary Build New menu when clicking it, and originally assumed it was to build another of what was in the slot. After playing some more, like you mentioned, it's clear the only craftable items are blueprints already obtained and have the resources to make.