Interceptors, Those big guys...

ES_724ES_724 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
The title sums up the whole thing. Has anyone been in an area long enough for the big guys to warp in? I started sobbing like a little baby when it happened to me and when their pulse cannons opened fired I think I squealed a time or two...

Comments

• yezayeza Posts: 68
    same here .. they showed up on my first run in the first sector. man, i got squashed fast ^^
  • ES_724ES_724 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    The basic boost didn't help me get anywhere. I think I went straight under one, in an attempt to break his Line of Sight on me... yeah, no. The cannons have a massive firing ark, defeating the dive under and run tactic.
  • ScrawnyShaunyScrawnyShauny Posts: 4Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    My very first time starting the game, in my very first zone, I apparently hung around long enough for them to show up. Needless to say I yelled a lot and tried to get away. The second time they showed up I was caught completely off guard and almost fell out of my chair, but they warped in right over some nano's that I needed so I made the foolish decision to try to swoop in and take it, but nah, obliterated. I wonder if we can actually ever take them on.
  • lanius424lanius424 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I do think it would be cool to take them head on. But I feel like our one tiny shop isn't going to do that much damage to a ship of the magnitude. Maybe we will have to learn the weak spots through trial and error.
  • DigitalNinjaDigitalNinja Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    edited April 2016
    I like to compare those big scary ships to something that would get you if stray too far out the playable zone, much like The Guardians in Halo, and how your boat, plane, etc would just stop in GTAV and a shark would eat you...

So I think It's more of a "It's time to move, stop hanging around" kind of thing...
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    I survived 10 minutes against the Alien warships (aka Interceptors). But to kill them, you literally need really huge guns and a Lot of rockets. But it sure is possible, just not at the start obviously.

If you are wondering how I lasted 10 Minutes against those -BEEP- giant plasma beam lasers, here:
  • FrakaFraka Posts: 17Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Lunoru said:

I survived 10 minutes against the Alien warships (aka Interceptors). But to kill them, you literally need really huge guns and a Lot of rockets. But it sure is possible, just not at the start obviously.

If you are wondering how I lasted 10 Minutes against those -BEEP- giant plasma beam lasers, here:

haha lol, i have done the same technick, but i have just be able to take down only one of their turrets..

no for the moment.. :)

• Therian12Therian12 Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Lunoru said:

I did the same thing.. only problem is .. the longer they sit there the more drones and alien fighters warp in with it.. at the end of my life i had 30+ drones and another 10+ fighters all swarming the second i was exposed at all all my shields were down and i was taking tons of hull damage with those drones
  • RudalRudal Posts: 10Customer
    does the friendly ships (green ones) help you with Interceptors or do they react only when attacked ?
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    I believe only when attacked. I was in a dog fight, and the friendly ones simply flew few km away from me while I killed them