Whole Sector whiped and littered with loot - but it wasn't me!

DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
I wonder what happend here on my 51th run... has the infamous "loot cave" found a way into Everspace? Did someone come through the sector before me?

Before that, I finished my 50th run and spent some points in loot perks (don't remember exactly) and immediately started the next run. Sector 1 System 1 was normal, but when I arrived in System 2, there was loot everywhere and only few NPCs alive, like there was a war raging ealier and I happily volunteered to clean up! :)

Check the stuff I got from that, lots of credits, resources, 20 nanobots... I also got a missile defense system mk3 you don't see on the screenshot! The coil gun II wasn't part of the loot, tho.

I mean, not that I'm mad about this early blessing ;) , but something tells me this isn't normal...

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Definitely have come across a few areas like this, as well. Perhaps it's a randomized location, or perhaps there was a crazy fight between two (or all three) factions before you were able to get a good look.

But hey, you're onto something with that loot cave idea. How awesome would it be if there was a super rare chance to enter an area that was jam-packed full of loot, like a treasure vault? :D
  • BarryBarry Posts: 36Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Arha! Was just about to post the exact same question, but with no screen shots to back up my claim. I have not gone further then sector 4 and done about 30 runs. I have only really been putting points in the extra credits perk and chance to find better gear. This happened to me twice within about a 2 run gap. First time was the first area as soon as I started a new run, thought the same, a big battle and this was what was left. The second time ever was still sector 1 but the second jump. Both times I got over 16000 credits and loads of resources as well as some top gear I never had a chance to try yet. I'm not sure if it's a bug, a random chance or because of the chance to find better gear perk. It's pretty sweet, only problem is the pressure you are under to get everything before interceptors turn up!
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer

Definitely have come across a few areas like this, as well. Perhaps it's a randomized location, or perhaps there was a crazy fight between two (or all three) factions before you were able to get a good look.

Nope. I entered the system, immediately used a scanning probe and was like "holy sh**!!!"
    If there was a fight, it happened before I entered the system. Also, I think the amount of loot would be too high for the second level, even if you kill everything.

I'm also suspecting the loot perks. I've never seen anything like this in Everspace, and like I said, before I started the run, I had spent some credits on perks and I think bonus equipment and rare loot chance were among them, but not 100% sure.

I also had the feeling that some loot kept respawning, there were moments where I thought "wait, I could swear I just collected everything over there! Now there's new stuff!" but maybe I just lost my overview...
  • BaalexBaalex Posts: 5Member
    Came across this as well yesterday. An entire zone, just filled with loot. Almost had a slight panic-attack trying to get all the goodies.