BEST NEW GAME. What keeps you coming back?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERSPACE!

I have been telling everyone at work about this game. Please keep up the good work guys. Fantastic job.

What I like most: I really enjoy how easy and smooth it is to navigate the ship. It is so fun to swerve, roll, etc around obstacles. "How fast can I go through this asteroid without hitting anything?"

What keeps you coming back?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016
    The tight controls of Everspace are on-point, for sure.

I could go in way more detail because I have a lot of reasons why I come back to this game, but I'll pick one of the most important aspects that keeps me coming back: Replayability.

I'm a huge fan of roguelikes because of their variation every run, and I think Everspace in it's current Early Access form does a great job of providing a new enough experience with a mix of diversity to keep things fresh every time I come back to the game. I'm excited to see this expand tremendously at launch.
  • borkfborkf Member Posts: 12
    I too have a love of roguelikes with a sense of progression. The longer you spend with the game, the better you get and the stronger your ship becomes. Even if you screw up and die within a few minutes, you can put a bit of cash into one of the cheaper upgrades, so your time rarely feels wasted like it can in some similar games.

Also got to love a good space shooter. Can't wait to start seeing more ships with their own perk trees (if that's how it works?). It's nice to have a good array of weapons and equipment as well. Even at this early stage, they feel pretty balanced and there are plenty of different play styles to explore.
  • BarryBarry Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 36
    Yea the pregression is pretty spot on! At first I thought the game was too hard and I didn't like dying so soon! Then the game clicked and I love the constant quick fights a day exploring. Many of my runs have been very different due to different equipment to play with and the randomness of the sectors. Now when I die I learn and laugh it off. Some deaths have been spectacular and some just embarrassing! Would like to see more ships, weapons and other 'things' to explore. Though I know some of those things are planned such as more structures