The zones that the WHOLE ZONE is electrified is not very fun

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
Seeing as getting hit interrupts trying to warp out, the randomness of the electric fields really does NOT need to encompass a WHOLE ZONE, I had to just outright leave the second I got into a sector 4 zone that had a battleship because it was all electrified. Getting your WHOLE ENERGY BAR WIPED RANDOMLY while taking a chunk of shield damage is NOT FUN, EVER.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    We might weaken the effects of the lighting field. Especially when trying to leave the location it could become frustrating as you said.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    Let's just put it this way, whenever it is that I jump into a zone like this I just don't even bother I sit there and wait for the new coords, since there is no counter play or way to dodge the effects and it's all rng I doubt anyone will waste any time in them.
  • HypevosaHypevosa Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 24
    I wonder if you could lure the interceptor capital ships into such zones and have them get electrocuted to death to be looted? I hope the electrical fields would affect them.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    Well when you get to sector 3/4 there are some hard zones that the WHOLE place is the electric field, there is no escape except jumping out.
  • LiberTeaLiberTea Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 24

We might weaken the effects of the lighting field. Especially when trying to leave the location it could become frustrating as you said.

Or just a better indication of when you are inside the are that can zap you (for example darker nebula like sky) If the whole map has lightning effects it's really hard to see if you are still inside the area where you can get hit or not. (it seems like there are places in between where lightnings don't hit you.