FAQ

ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgPosts: 101Administrator

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 31Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    edited January 2016
    Kurzon Morris has started a Community based "GAME FAQ's ask your questions".

Okay i'm by no means affiliated with the developers but lets have one location for those questions that should/would like to appear on the OFFICIAL FAQ Page. As a community we can try to find answers to those questions. I'll keep this post updated with the questions and answers we find and the devs can pull the questions they want to add to the official version, hopefully we can get a dev to answer questions in this post too. Feel free to PM me and i'll add your question, with or without your name.

I thought might be useful to point out as well :)
  • JairJair Posts: 31Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Any updates?
  • ViciousKrakenViciousKraken Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    It might be a stupid question but, is there already some sort of release date set?
  • TatsukishiTatsukishi Posts: 20Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Rowan said:

It might be a stupid question but, is there already some sort of release date set?

Alpha is currently planned for end of march - so far there has been no announcement against that.

And according to the shop's estimated delivery date beta should come around somewhere in july and full release in october. Though those aren't set in stone and may be postponed.
  • ViciousKrakenViciousKraken Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer, Customer

Rowan said:

Alpha is currently planned for end of march - so far there has been no announcement against that.

And according to the shop's estimated delivery date beta should come around somewhere in july and full release in october. Though those aren't set in stone and may be postponed.
    I see, thank you very much. Now I have something to look forward to :smiley:
  • ES_5118ES_5118 Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Will you eventually be releasing everspace on PS4. I do not own an Xbox and would love to play this game on my PS4
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    ES_5118 said:

Will you eventually be releasing everspace on PS4. I do not own an Xbox and would love to play this game on my PS4

It hasn't been ruled out, but it won't be until later.
  • JoelJoel Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Will this game have controller support?
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    Joel said:

Will this game have controller support?

It will be supported but in Alpha main focus is Keyboard and Mouse
  • wooly_bearwooly_bear Posts: 3Customer
    Are they closer to supporting a HOTAS set up? That is my preferred flight method of choice when ever possible.
  • BadJackDanielsBadJackDaniels Posts: 17Customer
    Yeah, I have a Saitek Hotas Rhrino X-55 controller and wait for this support too...
  • DarkMatterMattDarkMatterMatt Posts: 15Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    edited June 2016

Q: When will we have access to the Alpha version?

A: We cannot definitely say, as it depends a lot on the money we can raise and the amount of content we put into the game – we have a lot of great ideas, trust us – but we try to aim at March 2016 with the Alpha version.
    Is there any update on the Alpha release date?

Sorry, Alpha has been released, any news on the Beta release date?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,088Moderator, Space Cat

...any news on the Beta release date?

The Beta is anticipated for late July. If there are any delays, Rockfish is bound to let us know through the Forums. ;-)
  • Hu7chHu7ch Posts: 1Member
    Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if I'm just blind but - what are the PC requirements for Everspace? I'm down to purchase as long as I can guarantee it will work with my PC specs.
  • DarlothDarloth Posts: 24Customer
    Hu7ch said:

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if I'm just blind but - what are the PC requirements for Everspace? I'm down to purchase as long as I can guarantee it will work with my PC specs.

They're on the FAQ linked in this very thread. Go here: https://everspace-game.com/faq/ and it's the third answer.
  • blackjackblackjack Posts: 2Member
    edited September 2016
    You might consider adding a joysticks/HOTAS section to the FAQ, as whether such support is still planned. It's mentioned in the Game info page here as something (along with gamepads) that would be added after KS stretch goals were met.

Probably at least a dozen or more threads at Steam forums asking about it.

I do find it ironic that if you use the Alt-key cockpit key and look down, there's clearly a flight stick to the right of your seat and a HOTAS-type throttle stick to the left. Yet the game supports neither. :neutral:

I like the kb/mouse controls, so doesn't matter to me. Just seems like a lot of people simply won't get this until/unless it has some sort of specific joystick support (as opposed to utilities that let a joystick try to emulate kb keystrokes).
  • GARETH GGARETH G Posts: 2Customer
    Just here to call support for HOTAS setup. I have several different sticks and see no way to use either atm.

I have RSI strain in my right thumb so it would help increase the time I can commit to any one game without having to deal irritating a recurring strain injury.

Much love to Hamburg.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 38Member
    edited January 13
    Will there be a demo? Each run in ES is pretty quick which makes it a perfect after-work game, also how much is it now since the last major 6DOF game? (and yes, I know there are some fresh spacesims around, yet most of them are either somewhat non-standard, or, even worse, are multiplayer-oriented - also Everspace feels much closer to Descent). So I'd say although everyone may enjoy it, ES is mostly an adult game :smile: - 30+ y/o target audience that is. And - many of us prefer classic cellphones and netbooks instead of tablets, so unfortunately myself I only learned about Galaxy on Fire because of Everspace, not the other way. It is still possible to find the alpha around the web (which I did to use it as a demo - did make me buy the release right off), yet it is both illegal and time-consuming (wouldn't bother myself, yet wanted a good modern 6DOF bad enough to check on every possibility). Having a demo with shorter runs and limited equipment would be both profitable and not that hard to make.
  • uDontWanaDoThatuDontWanaDoThat Posts: 1Member
    I hope this is the right place for this. Love the game when I learned that you can jump into okkar homeworld through the use of wormholes in the encounters expansion I jumped on it and after completing the required questline I was able to detect and use the wormholes I look forward to this as I can mess with the okkar in over their homeworld and i would usually find a wormhole once per run however after the last update I have completed 4 full runs and have not finding them anymore... did the chance for them get nerfed?, did it get removed?, or am I just in a bad luck rut? This is my favorable part of the game is finding them and reaking havoc on the okkar. Any info on this would be appreciated

P.S. like killing the frigates without shooting them
    I'm on xbox one
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 914Moderator
    edited June 29

I hope this is the right place for this. Love the game when I learned that you can jump into okkar homeworld through the use of wormholes in the encounters expansion I jumped on it and after completing the required questline I was able to detect and use the wormholes I look forward to this as I can mess with the okkar in over their homeworld and i would usually find a wormhole once per run however after the last update I have completed 4 full runs and have not finding them anymore... did the chance for them get nerfed?, did it get removed?, or am I just in a bad luck rut? This is my favorable part of the game is finding them and reaking havoc on the okkar. Any info on this would be appreciated

P.S. like killing the frigates without shooting them

I'm on xbox one

Nothing was nerfed or changed regarding wormholes