small wishlist 2 (this time with more complex ideas)

aronfistaronfist Member Posts: 7
  1. put more FTL into the game: more complex side missions spawning multiple sectors, preferable with a little story
  2. put more FTL into the game: unique rewards for these - blueprints or even perks witch can't be obtained otherwise
  3. new perk: autorepair with low HP/sec
  4. new perk: turret for the ship (including the usual options - fire at my target, fire at nearest enemy, ...), may be combined with missile defense
  5. new weapon component: xx% of damage ignores shield (hit armor directly)
  6. put more Unreal into the game: more differing 2nd fire modes for weapons (the charged version of fire), preferably enabling combos like (the shock rifle in ut)
  7. put more FPS into the game: collectables with short-time temporary boosts (eg. more damage, invulnerability, ...)

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016
    From what I understand, 1 is in the works.

I like some of these ideas you bring to the table, though. While I disagree there should be a Perk that auto-repairs the player, I think it wouldn't be a bad addition to see a Device that automatically repairs but requires a LOT of Energy Allocation (like 40, similar to the Sub-Routine: Devastator). Perhaps the higher Marks could grant faster repair but allocate 50 and 60 Energy, respectively.

A Weapon module to ignore Shields is an interesting idea. I'm all for finding different ways to modify a build!

I'd like to see some type of Chain Lightning Weapon, myself. Almost like you're firing a mini-ARC-9000, but instead of obliterating everything it simply does a little damage to everything. Would be super effective against Drones but weak versus 1v1 dogfights.

I think there are plenty of Damage Boosting opportunities in the game, even in the Early Access state. With Sub-Routine: Devastator (+50% Damage), Sub-Routine: Daredevil (+25% Damage, remove Energy costs) and Weapon Overdrive Mark III (+22% Damage and +28% Fire rate), the passive increase is pretty unreal. To top that off, a Damage Booster Mark III (+200% damage) will melt the strongest of Foes. Instead of more Damage-focused items, I'd like to see more utility added to the game.

If any more Damage-oriented items made there way in, I'd love to see it in the form of a Consumable for Weapon Fire Rate increase.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 573
    I can also confirm that 4 and 5 will find the way into the game.
  • TrizelTrizel Member Posts: 7
    More variety in sub routines would be really great.

For the dmg/fighting prints:
    - recipes that work for energy weapons, beams or ballistic only.
    - recipes that grant a guaranteed critical hit all x seconds / first hit on target always crit / chance of immobilize / higher critical multiplikator
    - recipes that improve drones performance

For utility in generell:
    - recipes influecing devices/device slot
    - recipes influecing consumables
    - recipes that auto spawn a random/specific drone every sector
    - recipes that grant temp. bonuses after device activation ( increased dmg after breaking cloak(assasin style e.g.))

For defensiv purposes:
    - recipe for hull regen, like aronfist idea
    - recipe absorbing a small amount of incoming energy dmg & transfering it to shield power

In my opinion, sub routines offer a tremendeous amount of potential, when it comes to gameplay variety and mechanics.

But why would we need more complicated subroutines?
    1. Leveling the perks makes the playership stronger in the first instance. In the second, it will grant the player more options during his run because of the more resources/power one can spend, but thats only a side effect. Thats where the idea of advanced subroutines comes into play: Giving the run more options through replaceable sub routines rather then through static perks.

2. Weapons / devices / upgrades / energy cost dont feel to synergize too well at the moment. When building a ship, its more like piecing together several independent parts and maxing them - rather then building a composition for a specified tactic or fighting style. When having an fully upgraded reactor, the player basically can go nuts with equipment, besides reserved power ( devices) or power consumption (weapons) restrictions. Sub routines could be used to create a synergetic connection between those earlier mentioned 4 factors.

Just my thoughts after the latest playthrough.
    best wishes
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69
    I've had a thought for a while now, but this might be a fun game mode to implement in the future. Kind of like how Isaac and Necrodancer are doing weekly seeded runs, why not Everspace? Give us a very specific loadout every week and have us run with it. Maybe even have a leaderboard for best scores for the week?
  • aronfistaronfist Member Posts: 7
    after reading Giraffasaurs post and re-reading my post, i have to clearify my last point (7.):
    i meant - but unfortunally didn't wrote - INSTANT effects, which were triggered directly after collecting. this should bring some new twist into the game.
    edited October 2016
    Trizel said:

Giving the run more options through replaceable sub routines rather then through static perks.

Wanted to put emphasis on how powerful of a game mechanic this is, right here. More options means more replayability. Incremental gains, while progressive, don't do much to expand what the player is capable of.

Really hoping to see more unique Perks enter the fray before release.
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69

Trizel said:

Giving the run more options through replaceable sub routines rather then through static perks.

Wanted to put emphasis on how powerful of a game mechanic this is, right here. More options means more replayability. Incremental gains, while progressive, don't do much to expand what the player is capable of.

Really hoping to see more unique Perks enter the fray before release.
    Possibly in the form of the modular type ship parts that were teased earlier in production? Actually, do we know if that idea was scrapped completely or not just yet?
    Nenacu said:

Possibly in the form of the modular type ship parts that were teased earlier in production? Actually, do we know if that idea was scrapped completely or not just yet?

As it was unveiled during the Kickstarter, I'm confident the player ships will have visual change through certain types of equipment, Perks and customization options.