New player help

CremboCrembo Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
This is somewhat embarassing to admit, but I can't figure out how to dodge enemy fire! No matter how wildly I -BEEP- sideways, the basic alien/outlaw fighters hit me with every single shot, so combat for me is pure "who can do damage faster" (which means missiles). Help?

Comments

• TarnusTarnus Posts: 6Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    It seems to be possible to dodge enemy fire but it is certainly tricky. Boosting and turning tightly works sometimes but due to their turn rate and accuracy most of the time I find myself soaking up the shots. Drones don't seem to be as bad.
  • WildknightWildknight Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    ships can't fire at you if you are behind them. boost through their fire to get on their backside then immediately immelman and tail them. don't be afraid to open up your weapons farther than 3km away, it will register hits.
  • TurricanTurrican Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    These alien ships get me everytime.. No matter from what angle I attack them, they always seem to have their weapons targeted at me (even when they obviously fly in another direction).
    Drones on the other hand (as Tarnus already stated) are way easier to destroy..
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    for me if i face more than 2 ai at a time with no missiles im dead being ive not found a way to run away or dodge the shots and with very little warning or no warning some times its pretty impossible at times then mix in the lack of sensitivity sliders just adds to the fustrations
  • ScrawnyShaunyScrawnyShauny Posts: 4Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Whenever I see a group of enemies I try to identify what they are while they're still some distance away, and I prioritise killing drones before anything else because they seem to do the most damage the fastest, but when it comes to dodging enemy fire I can't really figure out how so I just upgrade my shield so that it can soak up a lot of damage before I can take out fighters.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    Agreed, we'll try to make it easier to dodge
  • GoloithGoloith Posts: 34Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Rolling helps deal with missile