Mouse control

2»

Comments

• RomanRoman Posts: 12Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    I'm not sure if it's the sensitivity or something else... it just doesn't feel very smooth to me. I'm just reinstalling Galaxy on Fire 2 HD and Salvation Prophecy again to take a look at the difference, maybe then I can report back in better detail.
  • Apollo6124Apollo6124 Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue

A sensitivity slider is very high up our to-do list! Funnily enough, we never ran into any similar problems, even with different mice. To get a little insight: Do you guys feel that the in-game cursor/crosshair is more sensitive than your Windows cursor?

Anyhow, looking into this ASAP!

I've got a logitech G5, mouse is MUCH more sensitive in-game than in regular OS. I have to take it from the 1200 DPI I normally use in windows down to 400 DPI when playing. Even with DPI all the way down to 400 it's rather difficult to manage the difference between the minute movement you need to line up on jump coordinates or get your crosshairs on an enemy and pitch or bank hard for evasive maneuvers. For clarity's sake, the "pointer speed" under my mouse options it on the fourth notch, and acceleration is disabled.
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    To those who have a very high mouse sensitivity in-game: What is your desktop resolution and what is your in-game resolution ?
  • GoloithGoloith Posts: 34Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    @ROCKFISH_Sven

3440x1440
    ...both ingame and desktop?
  • GoloithGoloith Posts: 34Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    @ROCKFISH_Sven

I'm currently using that for both ingame and desktop.
    To those who have a very high mouse sensitivity in-game:
    1. What is your desktop resolution?
    2. What is your in-game resolution ?
  • RudalRudal Posts: 10Customer
    both desktop and in game are 1920x1080
    I created Everspace profile for my mouse and lowered sensitivity in there but I'm yet to try it.
  • AndazeusAndazeus Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    Sensitivity is not the primary issue here. As some people already pointed out, it is the missing deadzone. Rockfish might also want to consider an option to slowly return the movement back to normal when the mouse is not moved. So if you wanted to stop a spin, you would just let go and the ship would center. Elite Dangerous offers that option and it feels very natural.
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr

To those who have a very high mouse sensitivity in-game: What is your desktop resolution and what is your in-game resolution ?

mine is 1920x1080 (game is played in full screen mode)
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr

Both are 1920x1080, I eventually adjusted but a slider is still needed regardless.
  • xKostyanxKostyan Posts: 13Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer

1) 1920x1200
    2) 1920x1200 Fullscreen
  • RomanRoman Posts: 12Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    compared it with Galaxy on Fire 2 HD,... yes, one of the reasons I don't like it yet is definitely the missing deadzone.

Also, why does everything blur when I'm turning the ship?
  • WanjiaWanjia Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue
    edited May 2016

To get a little insight: Do you guys feel that the in-game cursor/crosshair is more sensitive than your Windows cursor?

I have a Rat9 mice here and personaly I don't have any problems with over sensibility, it's more sensitive than the windows cursor yes but I was already exspecting that from a shooter/space/flight game.

To answer this question
    1) 1920x1200
    2) 1920x1200 Fullscreen

edited May 2016

Ok, as far as I can see, you have "usual" resolutions and use the same resolution as your desktop, but still have a different mouse sensitivity. Thanks for the response! That should answer my question so far. We will have a look at this.
    edited May 2016
    We have some more questions to those who experience mouse sensitivity problems:
    1. Does the mouse cursor move at the same speed in the main menu as it does in windows?
    2. Please also add the game resolution to your answer.
    3. Please also add the desktop resolution to your answer.
    4. What happens if you play in windowed mode?
  • Busy BeeBusy Bee Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
    Alpha Update v.0.0.0.26475 solved all my mouse control problems.
    I am really enjoying the game now as i can shoot enemy ships now :o
  • BerraniBerrani Posts: 6Space Optimizr
    Desktop resolution: 3440x1440
    Game resolution: 2560x1080 (fullscreen)

Mouse cursor in menus is the same speed as in Windows. Mouse cursor in game seems to be the same rate of movement as in menus.

Thing to note: I am running three monitors with a total resolution of 8560x1440. As part of minimizing wrist injury, my default mouse settings are maximum polling rate, DPI, and movement speed with zero acceleration so I don't need to move my mouse very far in most circumstances. That setting combination proves too twitchy to maintain fine control in game, so as a result of that I need to drop my DPI from 2000 to 800. As Goloith stated having a deadzone would help a lot with maintaining targeting.
  • BRUCEBRUCE Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    null
    I'm using Windows 10. I found it worked a lot better after I turned off Windows Mouse acceleration. I also turned my Logitech g700s down to 200. That's the lowest it will go. Good luck I hope this helps you out.