Release on the Windows Store (Game Preview, XBA)

ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
edited May 2017 in NEWS
Hi all,

Just a small update on this topic: The implementation of UWP is more complex than we anticipated and the devil is in the detail, as we say. We are still working closely with our friends at [email protected] to release Everspace on the Windows Store supporting Xbox Play Anywhere and we look forward to announce more details very soon.

Have a great weekend,
Michael

Comments

• p2dep2de Posts: 3Member
    May I kindly ask you for an update please? When can we expect the Everspace release on Windows store?? Thanks in advance for your Information.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    @p2de , it a bit of a long story, but I can assure you the team is working hard to expand Everspace to the Windows Store. This implementation is scheduled to be right around the corner; your patience and understanding is appreciated!
  • ZayneAsheZayneAshe Posts: 4Member
    I'm happy that the Win10 version is finally available, but can someone explain why the game wants to run off of integrated graphics instead of my GPU? I've even attempted to use NVIDIA's control panel to force the game to run through my GPU, but it continues to only run off of integrated, which equals absurdly poor performance.
  • troopitroopi Posts: 83Member
    edited November 2016
    That must be a pc specific issue, ZayneAshe. I play in win10 with a NVIDIA secondary card, and from the get go, the game used it, instead of default Intel Graphics.
    Yet, the issue has come up with some games before, and using the NVIDIA control panel to specify the graphics card used always solved the problem.
    This is the only game I've played that hasn't allowed me to use the NVIDIA control panel to get things running correctly. The Steam version of Everspace didn't run into this issue, so I'm trying to figure out why the Win10 version is refusing to use the GPU.
  • dreampagedreampage Posts: 15Member
    I have a very weak laptop (with Nvidia GTX 570M) but the game runs well on it, technically speaking. Of course it's only playable on the lowest graphic settings but I managed to try out the Xbox Play Anywhere feature and I didn't experience any other technical problems.
  • I'm running an Alienware I7 with the NVIDIA GTX 980M, 32GB RAM and i'm getting around 5-10 frames per second. I've tried applying settings through the NVIDA tool but the EVERSPACE.exe doesn't seem to work with the Win10 Store version of the game, and the x86 and x32 version of EVERSPACE in the menu aren't selectable... Is there an update coming to push the app to use dedicated graphics cards instead??
  • Just doing some digging, it looks like EVERSPACE is installed in C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps which is a sealed folder, probably to stop people hacking the game code. As a result, the NVIDIA GeForce app can't optimise, or recognise the game as access is denied to the program, and myself!
    I have purchased the game and my system specs are as follows:

i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz (3.50)
    GeForce GTX 970M (3G GDDR5)
    16GB DDR4
    Windows 10 64 bit
    128GB M2 SATA SSD
    1TB SATA HDD (7200rpm)

I've tried running the game on both my SSD and HDD.

My issues include the following:

--Only uses integrated graphics. Will not use GPU even when using the NVIDIA Experience to change this.
    --Bad frame rate (10-15 fps), regardless if the settings are low or epic.
    --Slow load times. Even when running the game from my SSD, load times are faster when playing the Xbox One version of the game while running it off the external HDD. This is not an issue when running the Steam version of Everspace. Average load times for Win10 ver are; title screen 2min-3min, loading into a run 1min-1.5min.
    --Half the time it will crash instead of launch the game.

Hope this helps in identifying the issue. Love playing Everspace.
  • Bl4ckSh33pBl4ckSh33p GermanyPosts: 25Member
    Hi. Just bought it on Xbox after the demo time was up. I hope the patch is available soon. Want to test the new changes.
  • Bl4ckSh33pBl4ckSh33p GermanyPosts: 25Member
    edited December 2016
    Strange. It seems I can't create a new topic on mobile, just reply to existing. And the new paragraph here disappeared. On my 1080p tv the loading screen is cut off on Xbox. The loading indicator squares. And title screen is often lagging/slow. And with enabled action can you can still enable thrusters.