Shield/Hull indicators on crosshair?

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
So I made a thread on another board about this but now that we have THESE, after watching the trailer multiple times I noticed that there is only a hull/shield indicator in the corners, normally that is fine and dandy but when in the middle of combat, I don't really want to take my eyes off my target(s) to look in the corner to check on my status, any chance of getting bars on the left/right of the crosshair indicating hull and shield?

Comments

• yezayeza Posts: 68
    good point!
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    We tried that but felt that the crosshair became a bit heavy with too many bars. But we might try that again in the future.
    i might just be enough to move the healthbars of hull and shields closer to the center of the screen. maybe at the lower center. it's easier to have it in view then where it is now.
  • TatsukishiTatsukishi Posts: 20Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Moving it to the top center and increasing the size would already be a huge help.

Otherwise, I don't think I have seen the bar right above the crosshair being used, maybe increasing it a bit and using it for both shields and health might be an option.
  • Toysrme257thToysrme257th Posts: 21Member, Common Beta Backer
    I'd love to have it around the crosshair.
  • Dir7yPawsDir7yPaws Posts: 34Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro

We tried that but felt that the crosshair became a bit heavy with too many bars. But we might try that again in the future.

I feel as if it would be great to have the ENEMY health and shields on the left and right of your crosshairs but move YOUR health and shields to the bottom middle of the screen. That would provide quick target acquisition and info, and to see your own you just have to take a quick glance down
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Enemy health and shields on YOUR crosshair? Hmm.... no, seems very confusing.
  • Dir7yPawsDir7yPaws Posts: 34Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro

Enemy health and shields on YOUR crosshair? Hmm.... no, seems very confusing.

I imagine if you had your own health and shields on your crosshairs as well as the enemies off to the right as it currently is when you lock on, that the crosshair would seem a bit cluttered.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    No, enemy health on the crosshair would be confusing.
  • ES_2450ES_2450 Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I prefer my own HP and Shield somewhere in my face. Glancing over to the top left is distracting. When you are too into the fight and don't realize how much hits you can take, too late to try to escape.
    i would prefer my shield and hp on my crosshair and the enemy ones at their target indicators.
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    edited June 2016
    I'd prefer it staying as it is. Enemy shield and hull where the enemy is. Mine in the corner where I'm used to it being.

Having it on the cross-hair would be far too irritating and heavy.