Is this game supposed to get significantly harder by launch?

PIECEofTOASTPIECEofTOAST Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 31
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/493527550092574184/6CAB69DC26773C4D6AA3B9A3D52A7E81C1EB6427/

9 hours into the game and I just beat it, I loved every minute of it, but now that I am not going towards any goal I am not sure what else to do. I am not that good at video games because I have similar play time in spelunky and I can hardly get past the first stage in that game. I am just wondering if the developers plan on greatly increasing the difficulty (or perhaps the variety, either works) before the launch of the game.

Obviously it's beta so much will change, but I just wanted to make the suggestion that in my opinion the game should be significantly harder. The first 3 stages all feel like the exact same difficulty (very easy), stage 4 feels kinda hard, and stage 5 it finally starts to get a little challenging. In my opinion the first stage should be quite easy, but after that it should start quickly getting harder with every stage. It feels rather boring at the moment because the first 3 stages are so easy that they don't feel like a threat in any way, and they essentially just feel like a waste of time as a grind for fuel and resources to make it to stage 4. By stage 2 I think I should feel at least a little threatened. (obviously it should still be pretty easy, but at the moment it feels impossible to die here unless I tried to).

Alternatively you guys could add difficulty options as well, (easy, normal, hard, or something). But I personally would rather have a progression through the game instead of picking an artificial difficulty option.

Either way I still really love the game, I just hope to have a little more challenge in the future. Keep up the great work if you are reading this devs <3.