Speedrun categories and world records ! (52:01,35 / 41:01 (in-game time))

Jean MicroJean Micro Member Posts: 22
Hello, i dont think anyone has talked about this before but i think this game deserves it: speedrun categories and world records !

Therefor i will give you a few ideas and apply myself for holding one of the world records:

So here is a little list of categories that can be used:

-End of sector 7 (any means)
-End of sector 7 (no major bug*)
-End of sector 7 (no major bug & all frigate/corvette kill**) [i'm applying for this one]
-End of sector 7 (nomajor bug & no jumps stabilizers)
-End of sector 7 ([no major bug &] no combat)
-Fastest Okkar Frigate kill (any means)
-Fastest Okkar Frigate kill (no ARC-9000) [I might apply for this one too, i got around 32 seconds on my WR run]

*no major bug = no bug that would allow you to skip zones or sectors
**all Frigate/corvette kill = assuming the Frigate/Corvette is preventing the jump. so no use of jump stabilizer to avoid them also they dont prevent jump when a warp gate is present (at the end of each sector).

So now i'll be applying to the "End of sector 7 (No major bug & all corvette/frigate kill) category:

The run was made during a livestream at twitch.tv/ellipsysJeanMicro on the 7th october 2016 and a video has been uploaded as proof of the speedrun (link at the end of the post).
The recorded time from hitting the "Launch" button to the lost of control of the ship (and beginning of the AI dialog) on sector 7 is 52 minutes 01 seconds and 350 milliseconds.
The time indicated by the game is 41 minutes and 01 second.
The speedrun was done on the version 0.1.3.28942.

Since no previous attempt has been made i will await validation from the developpers and i propose that the categories and result are posted on the everspace wiki.

I hope to see someone challenge it soon !

here is the video (sorry it's in french and the 32 seconds frigate kill is at 41:31 speedrun time):

Comments

• BarryBarry Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 36
    Only done up to sector 3
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    I think these are really great competitions to be had in the community for individuals to get involved and learn more about the game.

And I'll definitely have to challenge some of them. ;-)
  • Jean MicroJean Micro Member Posts: 22

I think these are really great competitions to be had in the community for individuals to get involved and learn more about the game.

And I'll definitely have to challenge some of them. ;-)

i'll be waiting to see that ! i have to wait for the devs to acknowledge all the idea but more competition is always better :)
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69
    I'll toss my hat in on this, but I'll be waiting until after the game is in full release to post any specific times. We don't know how things will change between now and then or if sector 7 is the end of the game.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 573
    Nice to see some speedrun times. Maybe we can add a speedrun achievement later.
    Nenacu said:

I'll toss my hat in on this, but I'll be waiting until after the game is in full release to post any specific times. We don't know how things will change between now and then or if sector 7 is the end of the game.

We know that sector 7 isn't the end of the game, but it is for the moment so why not speedrun? Also if the game ends up being much longer to finish (which it is already pretty long) speedrun will be way over an hour long, and who cares about that ^^

Nice to see some speedrun times. Maybe we can add a speedrun achievement later.

It could also be a challenge like "get to sector 7 under 60 minutes" (which is easier than finishing sector 7)
    Soooo, didn't have any recording devices on, but I'm doing a high-damage high-Credit run for posterity (and to identify powerful in-game combinations in the current version) and I may have just dropped an Okkar Frigate in about 22ish seconds. That's without an ARC-9000, by the way.

I could see some folks getting really competitive with this!

Soooo, didn't have any recording devices on, but I'm doing a high-damage high-Credit run for posterity (and to identify powerful in-game combinations in the current version) and I may have just dropped an Okkar Frigate in about 22ish seconds. That's without an ARC-9000, by the way.

I could see some folks getting really competitive with this!

that's pretty good ! i wasn't trying to break a record at the time but i was sure someone could easely do better, i'd like to see a video of how you did that !
    edited October 2016

that's pretty good ! i wasn't trying to break a record at the time but i was sure someone could easely do better, i'd like to see a video of how you did that !

Haha thanks, definitely could have optimized my time even more. I seriously think someone could pull this off in 15 seconds with the right setup!

I'm planning on releasing a lot of content videos on Everspace, so there's a good chance I will. I have not been this passionate about a gaming experience in a while, so I have every intent to showcase why. ;-)
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69

Nenacu said:

We know that sector 7 isn't the end of the game, but it is for the moment so why not speedrun? Also if the game ends up being much longer to finish (which it is already pretty long) speedrun will be way over an hour long, and who cares about that ^^
    There's really no reason not to at the moment, aside from the fact that future versions of the game will invalidate beta and early access times. That's why I'm waiting. I'll get in speedrun practice, but I won't be posting any times yet.
  • AwoogamuffinAwoogamuffin Member Posts: 11
    Surely we should add no-perks to that list? Now that I've been able to do it I'll throw my hat in the ring: about two and half hours. Beat that!

Surely we should add no-perks to that list? Now that I've been able to do it I'll throw my hat in the ring: about two and half hours. Beat that!

We should indeed! That's a great idea!