war-ships

are the most F***ING ANNOYING THINGS EVER!!!!!!!!

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    @C4N4DI4NxG4M3R , one of the core mechanics of Everspace is moving forward. The player is given a limited amount of time in each area to explore and interact with before moving on to the next. The pace of the game is meant to be fast; when you see that Interceptors Inbound warning, it means you need to finish up what you're doing because those Warships are right behind you.

If you don't heed the warnings of the Interceptors and engage them (which should only be done if in dire need of Fuel), then you're playing with fate. The Warships don't play nice because it means your time is up.

What I mean to say is that the Warships represent the end of the line. If you're constantly running into them, you'll need find ways to optimize your run, specifically in the realm of time-management.

Good luck!
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69
    It's just as @Giraffasaur said. You aren't meant to take on the warships at all at this point in time. I believe the idea of turning and burning them down has been talked about as a potential implementation later on in the dev cycle, but for now they are the clock that moves the game forward. Otherwise, where would the pressure of the game be if you could take all the time you wanted in every area?
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 37
    Yesterday, I almost had a heart attack when 3 of those suckers jump scared me.

It was in sector 5 when I tried to reproduce that hacking sound glitch on a comm hub. The sector was huge with lots of enemies, containers, outposts and asteroids. I wanted to do everything else before hacking the comm hub (wasted a scanning probe before) and despite using a teleporter, it took me quite a while to get everything done and interceptors where already in the sector. I guess I was too greedy and they couldn't catch up, so I forgot about them at some point...

So I approached the comm hub, got my self into position, started moving back and forth to trigger the glitch, was thinking "OK, any second now... any sec..." WOOOOOOOOSH!

Instead of triggering the glitch, 3 warships zoomed in, suddenly standing right in front of my face and hammering me! I spazzed out like those teens you see in horror game reaction videos, shaking hands, hitting the comm station, spamming teleporter, got hit several times while trying to jump out, thus interrupting my jump drive, getting out heavily damaged....

... AWESOME!!!
  • Raptor95662Raptor95662 Customer Posts: 21

@C4N4DI4NxG4M3R , one of the core mechanics of Everspace is moving forward. The player is given a limited amount of time in each area to explore and interact with before moving on to the next. The pace of the game is meant to be fast; when you see that Interceptors Inbound warning, it means you need to finish up what you're doing because those Warships are right behind you.

If you don't heed the warnings of the Interceptors and engage them (which should only be done if in dire need of Fuel), then you're playing with fate. The Warships don't play nice because it means your time is up.

What I mean to say is that the Warships represent the end of the line. If you're constantly running into them, you'll need find ways to optimize your run, specifically in the realm of time-management.

Good luck!

Good to know on the interceptors. I will head that warning.

One question is can you kill them or they are a run and hide no matter what?

Only made it to sector 5 at the moment.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016

One question is can you kill them or they are a run and hide no matter what?

Colonial Warships can be disabled, but they cannot be destroyed. Disabling them (destroying all weapon hard points) is a feat in and of itself which can only be achieved with Arc 9000s and/or Cloaking.

It's best to run.