Webber drones are bullshit

AidionAidion Member Posts: 3
Early game they're annoying enough as it is but late game when half a dozen enemies can warp in on your head at any given second and just start shooting they're pretty game breaking because no matter what you have unless you see it and kill it in less than 3 seconds your dead, game over you lose start over, I was having a blast with this game had my best play through yet killed everything in my way made a fortune upgraded every weapon I had and could craft any consumable on the fly regardless of what it then poof because I couldn't see him in 3 seconds while I'm fighting like 8 other ships that's it start over I lose, and I quit playing, I've died a million times and none of the deaths discouraged me as much as this and I've slammed my ship into more asteroid with the energized boost than I can count

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    I can definitely tell you're frustrated at some challenge walls in the game, but don't despair. With a little bit of practice and dedication to progression, you'll find these hurdles are smaller than you think.

Webber Drones can be difficult, but they are incredibly weak. A single Small Missile will take these things out without having to blink, or about 4 rounds of a Gatling Gun. Just make sure you spot them from afar and take them down before getting into it's range (which most weapons are).

Would also recommend binding the Device slot to a different key so it isn't easily bumped; I've heard T and G are excellent options.

Hope that helps, pilot!
  • AwoogamuffinAwoogamuffin Member Posts: 11
    If a weber drone does get you in its snare, stop accelerating - if you're still moving forward while trying to turn towards the drone, you'll find it difficult as the sneaky -BEEP- always tries to stay behind you and that's easier to do if you're accelerating. Rather, start reversing while rotating and you'll quickly train your guns on it. Destroy it quickly then boost the -BEEP- out of there
  • Wip3outWip3out Member Posts: 5
    Teleporting out also works.
  • AidionAidion Member Posts: 3
    I'll have to give those things a try but honestly I just don't feel like playing it after that I went from having the time of my life flying around at high speeds through asteroids and ruined capital ship dominating everything in my way then it over before I could even tell what exactly happened and it just took all the wind out of my sails
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    Awareness is key, @Aidion !
  • AidionAidion Member Posts: 3

Awareness is key, @Aidion !

I was very aware at the time but when enemies can just warp in on your head with only a couple seconds notice while your already fighting several fighters it's nearly impossible to just pick out and know exactly which thing buzzing around at a few thousand miles an hour is the one that is going to ruin your fun
  • DarlothDarloth Customer Posts: 24
    There's a ship system for that - it dumps your energy into a huge AoE.

That won't do much against the other things you're fighting, but it should kill all the webbers.
  • ForavenForaven Member Posts: 121
    The best way to deal with webber drones is to turn them on their owners : Drone override.