[XBox One] Small Text Unreadable

gkarrisgkarris Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 71
My XBox One Setup:

XGA Ceiling Projector
50" wide screen 4:3 (comes to 55" diagonal for 16:9)
Wired for Component (from an older projector)
HDMI to Component converter (older one supports only 720p & 1080i)
Sitting 7 feet away from screen.

Unfortunately, the XBox One doesn't support 1080i so I have to use it in 720p (whereas the PS3 & 4 support 1080i).

Because I am playing this on the couch, some games for PC (I hooked up my laptop once) are unreadable on 720p (or even 1080i) screen compared to a monitor on a desk (I use a 32" 1080p TV as my computer monitor from 14" away) due to using a lot of text on one screen.

With Everspace, I couldn't read the text on the crafting screen as they are too small when on my console (for the time I was able to play with the Trial) from far away.

FYI...

Comments

• LordJim47LordJim47 Member Posts: 6
    Playing Xbox on a 7 year-old Sony 46'' diagonal flat screen at the same distance (7'); everything looks good-easy to read on Perk screen or when crafting. Looking forward to the Xbox upgraded system Scorpio (4K) with improved processors--will buy a new Samsung SUHD to break the bounds of surly earth and fly through the universe just for fun. Love the Xbox graphics and the details that lets me fly in, through and around the structures left in space. Helmet off to developers and admin for making this available.
  • gkarrisgkarris Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 71
    edited October 2016
    LordJim47 said:

Playing Xbox on a 7 year-old Sony 46'' diagonal flat screen at the same distance (7'); everything looks good-easy to read on Perk screen or when crafting.

You are probably on 1080p - so, obviously, yes, readable.

I can read the text on my 32" TV in 1080p from 7" away.

But when I go down to 720p, it starts (for me) to become unreadable at 7".

Just a heads-up to the devs as people will be playing the XBox One version on small or older TV's that may be only 720p and console gaming tends to be at greater viewing distances compared to PC gaming.
  • borkfborkf Member Posts: 12
    I play on Xbox One with a 60" 1080p screen from about 7 or 8 feet away. No problem reading text most of the time, but anything floating in space is a bit tough to make out with the small/thin text on starfield background.