Feedback for Xbox Edition

ReteroXReteroX Posts: 5Common Backer, Customer
Hey Rockfish!
I am really enjoying EVERSPACE now that I have it on my Xbox (I'm still saving up for a proper gaming rig) and I want to say that I am thoroughly impressed.

I have a few points of feedback that I hope will help you really polish this gem of a game!

So I guess I'll start with a bug that I discovered back before the most recent update (I haven't tested it since because your game is too -BEEP- fun).

After dying and returning to the ship menu, your name will be changed to a newly generated one, but if you exit back to the title screen, then return to the ship menu again, your name will revert back to the previous name that you died with.
I managed to replicate this many times, before eventually getting sick of being "Daniel Lopez".
As I mentioned, I don't know if it can be replicated in the current build, but it was working before.

There are framerate issues on Xbox, especially when there are lots of effects on screen or an abundance of geometry (hollow asteroids and some shipwrecks really tank the performance as well as lingering smoke and fire from explosions).
I hope this can be fixed, maybe even cutting back on Anti-Aliasing or some other post-processing a bit on Xbox (I know your artist is a stickler for good graphics, but the Xbox is a budget PC at best).
I know that it's nowhere near a finished product. I'm just letting you know.

Newer players would benefit from button icons that outline what buttons activate their corresponding abilities or weapons in the HUD, although, this is not entirely necessary as it only took me a couple of hours to adapt (I skip tutorials).

Some HUD elements such as item or enemy icons can get lost in the colourful backgrounds, I would suggest maybe adding a thin outline to these elements to help make them more distinguishable, unless it ends up looking terrible.

Initially I disliked the music, but after a couple more days of playing the game, I actually really appreciate how unique it is, I think it adds a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Also, I would love to see (hear) the electrical storms emit a low-end crackling noise (one of the ambient music tracks has a sound that would match it perfectly), that sort of acts as a warning to approaching players.
I am a sucker for those kinds of touches!

Difficulty starts to drop off quickly after you start upgrading your ship, this has been mentioned by others, I just wanted to echo their concern.
Also on difficulty, the game really jumps up a notch in Sector 3 from that of 1 and 2. I would suggest ramping Sector 2 up a little bit.

The Gattling Gun feels weak against anything tougher than a drone, I think it could use a small buff as I often don't feel the need to switch from my Pulse Lasers.

Other than the framerate issues, I'm really enjoying EVERSPACE, please thank the whole team for me!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    Glad you're enjoying the game and many thanks for the feedback. Especially the name thingy, which was new to me. I agree on most of the points you mentioned.
  • gkarrisgkarris Posts: 65Member, Common Beta Backer
    Scorpio enhancements...

;)