My favorite Loadout

SquidofLoveSquidofLove Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016
    I'm happy you want to showcase your favorite loadout, but calling this the Best Loadout is clickbait to the extreme.

I think Cloak is a really overrated Device; there are much greater opportunities for the player to loot more items in less time with the ability to engage faster with different Devices. Cloaking is counter-intuitive to this nature because the entire mechanic is about disengaging and taking time away from the action (reducing the time until Interceptors appear).

From a standpoint of a truly "best" layout, one has to consider the goal of the run. If the run is simply to get to the end of the run, Cloaking is a great choice. If the run is to capitalize on as much resources and Credits as possible, Cloaking is a weak choice.
  • DooplissDoopliss Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 12
    edited October 2016
    I'll agree that the clickbait into embedded 7-minute video is unwelcome, but I think Cloak is a very powerful item. I typically view it less as a disengage and more as a chance to get a good shot lined up and recharge my weapons unmolested (particularly useful with the recharge bonus from sitting still), and for this it's way more effective than at least the Energized Boost. If you sweep the level efficiently you don't really need a speed up to collect all the loot, and once you're in a serious fight the Cloak probably increases your kill speed more than any of the other evasion items. The Teleport is still my bae for its massive flexibility and fun factor (yes, it almost certainly needs a nerf, but I love it so much), but Cloak has been a consistent second best for me.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2016
    Can't argue with any of your points, @Doopliss . I, too, think Cloak probably increases kill speed most out of all the evasion Devices.

But I'd rather put aggressive Devices (mixed with sustainability) on my loadout for the fastest kill speeds (Sub Routine: Daredevil and Sub Routine: Devastator specifically), because evasion isn't necessary when nothing survives long enough to hit the player. :smiley:

I think Teleport is the best mobility Device in the game at this time; the functionality is phenomenal for how little energy it consumes.

But the point of all of this is that it's very difficult to state what the Best Everspace Build is. It's much easier to explain why we use the individual loadouts we choose because of personal tactics and experienced results.
  • SquidofLoveSquidofLove Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5

I'm happy you want to showcase your favorite loadout, but calling this the Best Loadout is clickbait to the extreme.

I think Cloak is a really overrated Device; there are much greater opportunities for the player to loot more items in less time with the ability to engage faster with different Devices. Cloaking is counter-intuitive to this nature because the entire mechanic is about disengaging and taking time away from the action (reducing the time until Interceptors appear).

From a standpoint of a truly "best" layout, one has to consider the goal of the run. If the run is simply to get to the end of the run, Cloaking is a great choice. If the run is to capitalize on as much resources and Credits as possible, Cloaking is a weak choice.

That is the best combination of modules-weapons-consumables in order to reach the end and have a successful run in my opinion, hence best loadout for me.
    I am pretty clear on my video regarding the purpose of the loadout.
  • FlightwavesFlightwaves Member Posts: 12
    Cloak is best used for hanging out in an asteroid while the warships send drones, you can kill hundreds of drones like this and cloak and bail