Locations out in "empty" space.

Let me just start by saying that this game is visually stunning, the locations it can procedurally generate using the assets you've created are truly impressive. It's vibrant, colorful and it feels immense.

I, personally, would like to see locations on the other side of the spectrum as well. Dark, empty and creepy something that would force you to slow down and put your senses on edge.

Old outposts orbiting rogue planets.
Huge derelict ships.
Massive asteroids with a maze of tunnels running through them.

Or even a huge derelict ship inside a massive asteroid in the middle of empty space. it might provide a nice contrast to the other locations, or it might not work at all. Anyway, it's just a thought.

P.S I watched a horror movie called "Below" recently which takes place in a submarine. It made me think about how similar a deep ocean might be to deep space. Hearing something knocking against your hull would instantly raise a lot of questions. It is well worth watching.

Comments

• ReteroXReteroX Common Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5
    I absolutely love the idea of having to navigate a massive derelict ship!

To add to your list, I would like to see a shattered moon as a location or ship graveyard just outside an accretion disc of a supermassive black hole (not somewhere you'd want to be realistically).

I'm happy with what we have right now though. EVERSPACE certainty succeeds in romanticising the vast nothingness that is space.

On a final note, can we get more of the 'cloudy' space areas, they are SO COOL!
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    We've been talking about "special" locations for a while now. These are all nice ides. It's gonna take some time but you can certainly expect more variation in the future.