Gameplay suggestions

gdhobbsgdhobbs Posts: 2Member
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for this. I'm loving the game but so far there's 2 small things that are bugging me.

1) when I go to leave the perks screen and it tells me there's a perk that can be upgraded, it would be really great if it highlighted which ones are affordable. I find myself having to click through them all to find the one that's available.

2) I'd love it if when I target an enemy that's out of my visual range, if it told me what it was, and I could then cycle through them. I like to line up my next target, often during an evasive manouver. I might be missing something. I can see the shield and hill stats of the selected enemy but not any form of ID.

Apologies if these have been bought up a million times!

I've never been so happy to be so rubbish at anything in my life. Better go practice some more.

Thx

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 984Moderator, Space Cat
    Hey @gdhobbs ! Thanks for posting on the forums.

In regards to 1: There is a green plus sign on top of Perks that can be purchased with the remaining amount of funds. Perhaps you missed the graphic because you were so excited to jump into the next run! :joy:

Can't argue with 2, though I do like the simplicity of the radar in the current form. Maybe we'll see additional information populate in the UI when more of it gets developed?
  • gdhobbsgdhobbs Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for pointing out the green plus!
  • THEWOMPTHEWOMP Posts: 9Member
    Hello,
    This seems like the right thread for gameplay suggestions. I agree with you on scrolling through targets and given the choice i'd map it to the mousewheel.
    So after having played enough to have unlocked all blueprints and at least tried out all of the items, even with upgrading the ship i never feel like i have enough device slots. The ones that can be the most useful in specific situations generally don't find a place; which reduces tactics a lot. Is this intentional so the player has to decide what is important for their skill level and the way they play ? Is it reasonable for passive upgrades to be taking a slot ?
    I found that in it's current form there is no reason to replay after getting to end a few times (to prove it wasn't a fluke), but that's ok because the game isn't finished yet !
  • Raptor95662Raptor95662 Posts: 17Customer
    To add to this thread and not make another. Hope you don't mind as love to see more which of course can be in the full game. Still have not made it to the end as I tend to fight more than run LOL.

1) Suggestion is having the areas a little bigger. Part of the fun is exploring the area along with combat.

2) Ability to save ship load out and or point in time. I don't always want to start at zero and play till end. Again this might be part of the test case as not full release but I have some builds I like to play more and tweak. Not have to wait till I ever find a blueprint.

1) Suggestion is having the areas a little bigger. Part of the fun is exploring the area along with combat.

I recommend checking out this thread.

2) Ability to save ship load out and or point in time. I don't always want to start at zero and play till end.

Unfortunately that would counteract the very nature of the roguelike mechanic of the game. Any and all builds are meant to be built up to, not started out with.

At the very least, we'll see three different starting loadouts (one per each ship). I hope we'll have multiple loadouts for each ship to create more options in how we begin our runs, but I may be overly hopeful.
  • Raptor95662Raptor95662 Posts: 17Customer
    Giraffasaur

Thanks fore the feedback. To note the feedback comes from a dad with toddlers and over worked. No longer the teenager with loads of time HAHA. Was just a hope feature add but as you said, not that type of game.

I hope in time there are more than 3 ships. I did post a Would love to have DLC ship thread.

Don't get me wrong love the game so far, just penitently waiting for the full game as want MORE!.

Thanks fore the feedback. To note the feedback comes from a dad with toddlers and over worked. No longer the teenager with loads of time HAHA.

As a father of three (with the latest twins less than two months old), I completely understand where you're coming from. ;-)