Why did you choose that username?

LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
Simply put, why did you choose that username to register to Everspace?

For me, Lunoru is a name, that has been following me since my childhood, though I have forgotten it, until I started searching for it.
It has no real meaning, that people could actually understand without knowing the story behind it, but if I had describe it with a few words, I'd say it means "Blue cold flame"

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I've used Giraffasaur for a considerable amount of time, largely because my favorite animal is the giraffe and I love dinosaurs. In addition, my favorite color is orange. To top it off, I am quite tall (6'9", 230 pounds).

I'm all about that personal branding!
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    'Lunoru = Blue cold flame' nice :)
    I chose my Name in beta for GOFA Alliances and into the open game. Took name after Tolian Soran from Star Trek. Kept the name for two reasons. 1, The great designed picture from AL (graphics designer) from the old team and 2, to make it easier for any of those guys iv convinced to get involved here to find me.
  • ScavarScavar Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Well that's a silly question, what else would I call myself but my name? :P
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Scavar said:

Well that's a silly question, what else would I call myself but my name? :P

See the posts before you, and you'll see a lot of reasons! ;-)
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    Haha, I love these names! Quite original if I might say :)
  • NiwohNiwoh Posts: 4Customer
    Niwoh speaks for itself :D
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I didn't choose my regular name I go by (muffins) because I wanted to switch it up this time, and it's the only website I've been on where Woona wasn't taken xD But I guess I chose it because I adore cute things, and Woona is really freaking cute :3
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    It sure is Woona :)
  • LiberTeaLiberTea Posts: 24Member, Common Alpha Backer
    Lunoru said:

Simply put, why did you choose that username to register to Everspace?

For me, Lunoru is a name, that has been following me since my childhood, though I have forgotten it, until I started searching for it.
    It has no real meaning, that people could actually understand without knowing the story behind it, but if I had describe it with a few words, I'd say it means "Blue cold flame"

How about a nice cup of .... ; )

Seems mine is a lot simpler hehe
  • warhawkwarhawk Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    It's my favorite warbird (Curtiss P-40 Warhawk). I have been using this username in various forums for about 15 years now...
  • PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I use this because I like fire and if you think about my last name too hard, you can get this out of it
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    Shiuzan, not real meaning to it. It was my first username I ever used for MMORPG's and since I've started playing more games it's pretty much my online persona.
    I am Shiuzan, not just Will or William but also Shiuzan or also just Shiu.

Basically my Username isn't just a Username anymore. I'm pretty sure if someone shouted Shiuzan out in the street I would look around me to try and find the person who shouted my name.
  • Lord DrowLord Drow Posts: 14Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    edited June 2016
    It is one of many name/faces/hats I wear. Been using Lord Drow as a nickname since the days of AOL and Prodigy. Before anyone asks, I was Lord Drow long before Drizzt Do'Urden had been written about.
  • TimeDrawsNighTimeDrawsNigh Posts: 5Common Beta Backer, Customer
    TimeDrawsNigh is a name that's followed me ever since I played Eve Online in '09 (quit last year) and has just stuck with me where ever I go.
  • SlimbertonSlimberton Posts: 4Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    edited July 2016
    I didn't have a say in my username by the forum gods. :'(
    However, Slimberton is my primary display name whenever I can. I got it from being skinny IRL, it felt simple and easy to go by, the unfortunate part was it always being taken since it's so I had to put my first 3 initials in it.

I didn't want my initials to be relevant to the username, so I decided to brainstorm ideas..
    I realized I really liked doing art/design and that I enjoyed particular artists and their styles, like Tim Burton to name one.
    You can probably see where exactly it came from after that. Slim Burton. Slimber Ton. Slimberton.

Now the only issue is having to deal with people asking, "Slim Shady?" or "Slim Jesus?"

TL;DR: Slimberton came from personal inspiration - Tim Burton.
  • daytonadaytona Posts: 45Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Originally liked the name from the Ferrari but there is also a groovy motorbike with the same name. Most people ask if i'm actually from Daytona beach but I often tell them I just liked the Arcade game.
    Either way, I just like it. Nothing fancy :)