The months ALMOST over, so anxious for that email

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
I HOPE we don't get another delay at the last second!

Comments

• AkiranBladeAkiranBlade Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 7
    It'll happen when it happens :). Looking forward to it also.
  • LunoruLunoru Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 77
    edited April 2016
    I don't think there is gonna be a delay, unless they will notice something game breaking at the last minute, that will require some work. Hopefully, there won't be anything like that. Judging from the trailer, the game looks too -BEEP- sweet

Edit:
  • TatsukishiTatsukishi Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 20
    Dammit, was hoping for Thursday (Wednesday sadly seemed like not happening already). Sounds kinda risky to release on a Friday in case of gamebreaking bugs, but I can understand the decision too to release just before/on start of the weekend.
  • ShadragonShadragon Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 7
    It's an Alpha. You can bet on bugs and 1 in 5 chance of a game breaker. That's why we're doing it...
  • TatsukishiTatsukishi Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 20
    I know, that's why I would have released on Tuesday or Wednesday so (as a developer) I can fix gamebreaking bugs asap without needing to work on the weekend.
  • ShazamShazam Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
    Best news I heard today, so glad we'll be getting Alpha keys on Friday. Really looking forward to trying this out and giving some feedback.
  • theacefestheacefes Customer Posts: 6

I know, that's why I would have released on Tuesday or Wednesday so (as a developer) I can fix gamebreaking bugs asap without needing to work on the weekend.

Perhaps if they were already operating on a release maint cycle that might be the case (release push Thursday, fix critical before weekend for example) but we're only in alpha and the feature set doesn't seem to be final. Any bugs we find would probably need to be vetted and then determined if they truly are bugs or simply features that backers are requesting. Maybe they already work weekends. :)

Personally, Friday is great because then I can spend the weekend playing :D
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    I hope the emails come out pretty early in the morning, took the day off and since I work nights I'll come home and be up all day, hope I won't have to wait TOO long to get my grubby mitts on this!