Minimum Laptop CPU and Graphic card specs?

For minimum specs in one of the news letters or links I remember Intel i3 being listed as well as one single graphics card. It is sounding disappointingly likely that I will be able to experience Everspace anytime soon as my laptop is a bit older and as far as I know you can't really just add a separate GPU to most laptops due to space limitations.

I did want to point out that Intel's CPU model number releases and related specs don't always follow a clear sequential spec "superiority" when it comes to naming their CPU's between laptop/mobile CPU's and their desktop CPU's. I have a Dell Lattitude E6500 which has the Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo "Penryn" processor that from what I read on some comparison sites actually spec'd higher in some performance categories than the newer released 1st gen i3 CPU's but it spec'd lower in other performance categories. While my newer desk top would pass minimum specs easy I am just not home enough to make it worthwhile to buy the game for home use only. I built the PC to play another game I bought but can't get past the learning curve only being home two days a week with an hour or two time on some of my weekends.

Ideally I would prefer iPad but picked up a PS style USB controller for the laptop but from what I read just now on the forum laptops with higher specs than mine are struggling with the game and the PS style controllers are not at this point working well either.

I'm posting specs for my Dell Lattitude e6500 below and would buy the game IF I could get some type of confirmation it would run reasonably well on it but am going to sadly assume that Everspace is going to be too demanding for my limited budget hardware wise unless I hear something different.

Dell Latitude E6500 Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Core Processor
Number of cores 2 (max 2)
Number of threads 2 (max 2)
Name Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo
Codename Penryn
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9800 @ 2.93GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket P (478) (0x7)
CPUID 6.7.A
Extended CPUID 6.17
Core Stepping E0
Technology 45 nm
Core Speed 2928.7 MHz
Multiplier x Bus Speed 11.0 x 266.2 MHz
Rated Bus speed 1065.0 MHz
Stock frequency 2933 MHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, EM64T, VT-x
L1 Data cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 6144 KBytes, 24-way set associative, 64-byte line size

GPU
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

GPU Clock: 580 MHz
Shader Clock: 1450 MHz
Memory Clock: 700 MHz, 1400 MHz effective

Memory Size: 256 MB
Memory Type: GDDR3
Memory Bus: 64 bit
Bandwidth: 11.20 GB/s
DirectX: 10.0
OpenGL: 3.3
CUDA: 1.1
Shader Model: 4.0

Built on the 65 nm process, and based on the G98 graphics processor, in its NB9M-GS variant, the card supports DirectX 10.0. The G98 graphics processor is a relatively small chip with a die area of only 86 mm² and 210 million transistors. It features 8 shading units, 8 texture mapping units and 4 ROPs

Chipset
Northbridge Intel PM45 rev. 07
Southbridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 4 GBytes
Channels Single
Memory Frequency 399.4 MHz (2:3)
CAS# latency (CL) 6.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 6
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 6
Cycle Time (tRAS) 18
Host Bridge 0x2A40

Comments

• ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Hi Scooter, apologies for the slow response. For a small indie team like us it is really hard to keep track of everything. While your CPU seems to be capable enough, your GPU will most likely be the bottle neck to run Everspace at decent quality. We definitely recommend a GPU that supports DX11.