Please add mappable Joystick support

I know the game isn't a flight-sim, but I would love to have joystick support and fixed weapon support. Thanks.

Comments

• lektrikpukelektrikpuke Posts: 3Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    I disagree, it IS a flight sim. Anyway, the game is unusable (for me) without joystick support (as mouse control is too difficult). I am so disappointed to have waited so long, and not be able to play. (cross post)
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,083Moderator, Space Cat
    With all due respect, it's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, @lektrikpuke . Everspace is, simply put, an arcade shooter. It is not a flight sim.

I do hope Rockfish Games has time to expand their control options for a greater playerbase, though.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    It does not matter what type of game it is what matters is that a broad range of controls are supported so all play types can be enjoyed. I like this game but will never fully enjoy playing on a keyboard
  • GiulioGiulio Posts: 1Customer
    bought the game... very disapponted... no joiystick support... i havea an X52 pro... and i cannot use it... any hope we can get joystick support? it would be awesome to play with it... if not... i'll ask for a refund right away
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 546Moderator
    There is always hope. But I cant make any promises, sorry.
  • NEMikeNEMike Posts: 1Member
    I backed this game in June but due to a mix up on my account which just recently got resolved I hadn't experienced it til today, I too really want configurable joystick support, I loved FreeSpace and FreeSpace2 which was awesome to play on my ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar, I'm not a flight sim guy but there is something to be said for using an actual throttle and jostick! Please oh Please add configurable joystick support!
  • ES_7812ES_7812 Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I would also love to have Joystick support. It would fit the game perfectly.
  • BostromNZBostromNZ Posts: 2Member
    +1 for joystick/HOTAS support. I just bought the game on Steam (sorry only came to this site/realised you had your own store afterwards) primarily to play in VR but the lack of joystick support is pretty much a deal breaker for me as it playing with a gamepad in VR is a pretty poor experience. If it was on the roadmap then I would be happy but saying we can only hope makes me err on the side of refunding it.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 889Moderator
    BostromNZ said:

+1 for joystick/HOTAS support. I just bought the game on Steam (sorry only came to this site/realised you had your own store afterwards) primarily to play in VR but the lack of joystick support is pretty much a deal breaker for me as it playing with a gamepad in VR is a pretty poor experience. If it was on the roadmap then I would be happy but saying we can only hope makes me err on the side of refunding it.

We'd like to add joystick support, but we first want to make the game feature complete (add features that every player benefits from). We're currently working on VR, but it will take some time until it's in a satisfying state. So I can't really give you a specitif roadmap or date, sorry.
  • BostromNZBostromNZ Posts: 2Member

BostromNZ said:

We'd like to add joystick support, but we first want to make the game feature complete (add features that every player benefits from). We're currently working on VR, but it will take some time until it's in a satisfying state. So I can't really give you a specitif roadmap or date, sorry.
    OK, thanks for your reply. Building other features first is perfectly reasonable. I should've done more research before buying re: state of VR and controller support. I'm happy to support devs but have been burnt with early access too many times now so have to be more careful.
  • tonaztonaz Posts: 1Member
    edited April 2017

Hi, in my modest opinion it would be better to think first about controllers settings than VR.
    There are many much more players that own a flight stick then a VR set.
    Your userbase would be bigger with Joy support than VR.

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 889Moderator
    tonaz said:

There are many much more players that own a flight stick then a VR set.
    Your userbase would be bigger with Joy support than VR.

The thing is that we promised VR in our kickstarter campaign, but no joystick support, so we really have an obligation to get VR working.
  • RugWarriorRugWarrior Posts: 1Customer
    I seems to be a great game already. I hope the Unreal Engine 4.15 release will help with the HOSAS (or HOTAS) support: "NEW: FLIGHT STICK AND STEERING WHEEL SUPPORT (WINDOWS)
    You can provide support in Windows for steering wheels, flight sticks, and other non-XInput supported devices using the new Raw Input plugin!"
  • troopitroopi Posts: 83Member

The thing is that we promised VR in our kickstarter campaign, but no joystick support, so we really have an obligation to get VR working.

It's like Andy said. VR has priority.
    ANd joystick support needs some special tweaks, because it will be horrible if the target reticule still behaves the same (joystick is not good at aiming like a mouse). The target reticule must be locked to center screen, and some degree of target lock must be achieved (much like the beam laser does when targets are close)

• PaulPaul Posts: 6Member
    edited July 2017
    +1 for hotas support for me. I'm not playing this game I purchased until hotas shows up. I play elite, star citizen and I just need my hotas ...lol Wart Hog with MFG rudder pedals, so please allow for multiple device input and assignment .. pitch, roll, yaw, throttle... and whatever other various button assignments you guys have. Really looking forward to finally playing this game. Again not a mouse keyboard space flyer gamer. This game will rock in hotas. I like playing hotas, so don't bother telling me or responding to this email that I should be playing with mouse/keyboard!! There's nothing wrong with keyboard and mouse. Nope there isn't, great way to play for some people!! But it's not for me! You play the way you want and I will play the way I want, Period!! There is room in the game for both of us, lol. No one way is better, its what best fits the individual player. For me that is a Hotas System. Now this response should not cause a flame war...lol
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,083Moderator, Space Cat
    Paul said:

+1 for hotas support for me. I'm not playing this game I purchased until hotas shows up. I play elite, star citizen and I just need my hotas

Please be advised: Everspace is a very different experience than Elite and Star Citizen. Hope you'll enjoy the joystick support once it launches in the near future!