Xbox play anywhere doesnt work

So I finally bought the game via microsoft-store.
But it seems it doesnt work on PC, only on the Xbox.
Wasnt the whole "play-anywhere"-thing supposed to work on Xbox and PC? Looking at the shop it seems to work only on Xbox.
Am I missing something?

Comments

• JestersShadeJestersShade Posts: 5Member
    The game is only available on Xbox One and not on PC yet but when it's released on PC, you'll be able to download it and play it on PC.
  • ZUGZUG Posts: 1Member
    No its definitely available on PC, bought it on steam before I knew it was an ''anywhere'' title.
    You're right, I wasn't clear enough.

The "Play Anywhere" program works only in the windows store, not Steam.

So yes, the game has been released on steam, but not in the Windows store for PC.
    When it does, you won't have to buy it again to play it on PC (Windows 10 only)
  • D3NN1SD3NN1S Posts: 6Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    So, I bought the Alpha package and downloaded the game from steam. But I Also have a Xbox one, will I need to rebuy it for Xbox one? Or can my steam version be switched for a Windows store version somehow? Although I love the game I'm not willing to pay twice for it!
    The PlayAnywhere programm only works in the windows store (between a PC with Windows 10 and the Xbox One, for digital purchases)

So if the game was bought somewhere else (on disc, Steam, ...) it doesn't work and you would have to buy it again.

For the moment, the game is not available in the Windows store for PC, only for Xbox One, so the only way to benefit from it is to buy it on Xbox One, and wait for it to be available for PC, in the Windows store.

As for "switching" your Steam key, I have no idea but there is no "automatic process" to do this, and since you already used the key, I think it is too late.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 994Moderator
    @krut The Windows Store PC version is not live, yet. It looks like we need some more time till the game can be called PlayAnwhere.

@D3NN1S We did receive a very limited number of XBox One keys from Microsoft and had a timed exchange offer for our kickstarter backers, but the offer already expired. I don't think can make any exceptions here, although I'm not the one to decide.
  • TaldrenTaldren Posts: 11Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    As an original backer, I never received an email about an exchange of keys. If I HAD been notified, I most certainly would have jumped from Steam to Play Anywhere as that is only a positive.
    @Taldren We wrote it in a kickstarter update (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace/posts/1680658) You should have received the update email from kickstarter. But anyway - one of the big advantages of the steam version (and the gog version) is that we can update at any time very fast whereas with XBox and the Windows store version we have to go through a verification which can take some time.
  • TaldrenTaldren Posts: 11Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

@Taldren We wrote it in a kickstarter update (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace/posts/1680658) You should have received the update email from kickstarter. But anyway - one of the big advantages of the steam version (and the gog version) is that we can update at any time very fast whereas with XBox and the Windows store version we have to go through a verification which can take some time.

No, that's fine, I am just saying I never received this email. I still would have gone the Play Anywhere as being able to play on my large screen TV once in a while would have been nice.

Are you required to sync your PC and XBox releases in the Play Anywhere system? Like you can't update PC before you update XBox?

Yes, because of the Play Anywhere we have to release simultaneously, or at least very very close so no user loses any data because of trying to load a new savegame on an older game version.