REFUND

GkarGkar Posts: 22Member, Common Beta Backer, Collector Beta Backer
I asked you to be refund on my orders ... since you can't delivers Linux Version as you confirmed me many time before Alpha.

https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/1426/beta-version-0-1-3-28905#latest

Refund me my Order.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I checked around on the forums, but I did not find anywhere stating that Linux support was confirmed to be working for Beta (or Early Access). The closest I read was about testing on Linux, but it seemed it still had some significant issues before it would be distributed.

That said, the development team can still look into refunding your purchase. @ROCKFISH_Michael should be able to pinpoint order #1885 and #5234 and see what they can do for you.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Hi Gkar,

I let Christian know about your refund (he might have refunded your purchase already).

A few last words about the Linux version: I think I already shared that we had a working build for the Beta but ran into serious issues with mouse controls and shaders. @ROCKFISH_Sven spent several weekends to get the Linux version running properly but eventually, we had to prioritize the XB1 version.

As we are a fairly small team not being funded by a big publishers or a VC or living on a revenues rolling in from a previous title (FYI, we had a zero cash exit from our previous studio), we have to make sure that we hit our regular sales beats to keep the lights on and eventually deliver what we have promised in our Kickstarter. Apart from the Linux build, I believe we are pretty much on track and the very positive reviews on Steam (which do not include reviews from backers) as well on GOG are a good indicator that the vast majority of players seem to be very happy with what we have created so far.

I fully understand that you are disappointed as a backer waiting for the Linux version since July 29. However, Linux has less than one-tenth of a percent market share on Steam. Hence it is the first thing to be dropped if related or other tasks take longer than expected. I am sorry, but we are simply not in the position to just assign another engineer to get the Linux build out of the door quicker (we are 3 fulltime engineers + temporarily supporting engineer).

We are still committed to add Linux support as soon as possible and it would be great to see you giving us a second chance and Everspace a try at some point.

Cheers,
    Michael
  • GkarGkar Posts: 22Member, Common Beta Backer, Collector Beta Backer

I checked around on the forums, but I did not find anywhere stating that Linux support was confirmed to be working for Beta (or Early Access). The closest I read was about testing on Linux, but it seemed it still had some significant issues before it would be distributed.

Who are you to said that i lied ... I asked before Alpha on Twitter and asked it on this forum ... always it was confirmed as one goal for Beta Launch ... since that We (Linux Gamers) Always have to asked for informations.

Hi Gkar,
    I fully understand that you are disappointed as a backer waiting for the Linux version since July 29.

Since Mid March ... not July !

However, Linux has less than one-tenth of a percent
    market share on Steam.

Explain me how it could change ? If developpers lies on their promises ... YOU are responsible for this state of fact.

Sorry to say that but you don't have go ads from me to my friend.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited September 2016
    @Gkar , we're trying inform and direct you of the position of Everspace. It will have Linux support in the future but isn't a priority right now. It's not about calling you a liar, proving you wrong or anything like that; it would be silly to do that to you. It's about letting you know the position of development and what the team can do for you at this time.

Hopefully you get your refund to compensate the misdirection. Thanks for contacting the team with your issue.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Hi @Gkar, it took Christian a while to refund your purchase as the order was too long ago to refund within our system and he had to dig out your PayPal address. It is settled, now.