[Bug, current public release] Spawning/jumping issues

WeatherManWeatherMan Posts: 53Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
edited September 2016 in Bug Reports
The game does not seem to consider where the player is relative to other objects when generating an area.

This sometimes leads to weird spawning, like warping within kissing distance of a huge asteroid, minefield, or sometimes an outlaw base.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    I have played over 42 hours and have even spawned directly into something (or even somewhat close), but I could definitely see this happening.

Has it happened often, or is it a rare occurrence? And when it happens, is it typically earlier in the run or later?
  • WeatherManWeatherMan Posts: 53Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited September 2016
    On the very first area of starting a new run I was about 1 ships length from hitting a large asteroid.

It seems quite rare, as that only happened once.

A second time I spawned within weapons range of a 'old ship'-like outlaw base (the long one with 2-4 missile turrets on one bottom side) later in a different run.

I have 43-ish hours of game time so it seems like it isn't a common occurrence but I can see this being an infuriating problem of the future (since when you jump you come out of it with some acceleration and may hit an asteroid before you can react).