Release on Xbox One (Game Preview)

ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 365Administrator
edited May 18 in NEWS
Dear pilots on XB1,

It has been a crazy ride for the last few weeks and we are thrilled to let you know that EVERSPACE has finally arrived on the Xbox Store.

Mega Kudos to @ROCKFISH_Sven who has been working like crazy day and night and during the weekend to make it happen. Also, big thanks to our friends at ID@Xbox who helped us tremendously to get through CERT. Hands down, this team is just awesome to work with.

We will add the Windows10 version a few days later. Of course, as of now, all purchases or tokens qualify for PlayAnywhere.

We are preparing the list of Kickstarter backers who requested a token and will send those out within the next two hours.

Thanks for your patience and looking forward to see you in EVERSPACE on Xbox One,
Michael and your dedicated ROCKFISH Games Team

Comments

• untoldfattboyuntoldfattboy Posts: 1Common Backer, Customer
    I recently purchased the beta version for steam on PC, will I also get access to the Windows 10 / Xbox version?
    Thanks.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 365Administrator
    edited September 2016
    Sorry, trading a Steam or GOG key to Xbox is only available for Kickstarter backers. You can find more information here: https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/1778/missing-swapping-and-refunding-keys
  • danowatdanowat Posts: 11Member
    In terms of updates and improvements, how closely will the XBO version track with the PC version?
    danowat said:

In terms of updates and improvements, how closely will the XBO version track with the PC version?

We will try to keep it as close as possible. Obviously, going through CERT takes longer than patching on Steam but we submitted a new build for X1 featuring the most recent changes, yesterday. Full details here: https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/1840/update-v-0-1-4-29048
  • danowatdanowat Posts: 11Member
    Thanks for that, it's a great game, happy to see it on XBO.
  • LordJim47LordJim47 Posts: 6Member
    Just purchased Everspace after reviewing the game preview; Microsoft Answer Desk tells me Everspace is "not a Play Anywhere game" because it is not on the "list" of Play Anywhere games. Will it be placed on the list soon? I purchased your game from Microsoft will on my Xbox 1 console and it clearly states both there and in the MS Store on my PC that it is a Play Anywhere game, so I'm assuming the administrative hoops that need to be jumped through have not caught up with the intent to make it a play anywhere game. Love the game and appreciate your forums and webpages dedicated to the game.
  • gkarrisgkarris Posts: 65Member, Common Beta Backer
    The XBox Store states that it IS a Play Anywhere game.

Plus, there's a FREE TRIAL to play - I'm downloading it now just to try and compare to my PC copy.
    I can confirm it is XPA! Still working on the Win10 version...
    Michael, thanks. Glad to hear that, love the game, although I have not improved to the point where I don't die every time with barely any credits; but the time is getting longer. Love the graphics.
    @LordJim47 well, if you want to learn from some of our most talented pilots check this out:

;)
    Thanks. Now all I have to do is learn how to keep credits so I can accumulate enough $$$ to buy some upgrades; I seem to die before I can collect anything. Still enjoying the game.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,056Moderator, Space Cat
    edited October 2016
    LordJim47 said:

Thanks. Now all I have to do is learn how to keep credits so I can accumulate enough $$$ to buy some upgrades; I seem to die before I can collect anything. Still enjoying the game.

I recommend focusing on the LOOT Perk, Credit Loot Bonus. Each upgrade increases the amount of credits found. It can be upgraded 13 times to a maximum of a 50% bonus to ALL Credits you find. More Credits mean more Perk upgrades faster!
    gkarris said:

The XBox Store states that it IS a Play Anywhere game.

Plus, there's a FREE TRIAL to play - I'm downloading it now just to try and compare to my PC copy.

FYI - On the trial, you get ONE HOUR TO PLAY, not one hour OF play.

I launched the trial, and played only for half an hour. Then while I was browsing the XBox Store, a notification came up another half hour after I quit Everspace that my trial was up. I thought I had an hour of play.

I would've played for a full hour had I known.... :(

It's just as great on a console, but for me, playing from the couch is definitely different than playing on my desk...
    Giraffasaur, thanks. I have been trying to get the $2500.00 to break into the "store credit" PERK once I noticed it, but have found it difficult. Did hit 2300 today and my kill rate is improving so I'm sure it will happen. Thanks for confirming my strategy. I have managed to improve hull hit points, shield status was improved and I working on increasing the number of primary and secondary weapon slots. Every now and then I find a nice weapon but lose it when I die; hopefully once a craft it I can keep it. Game is still a lot of fun; looking forward to being able to start attacking the fighters and outlaws with the solid chance I'll be able accumulate some serious $$$s. Appreciate the mentoring.
    @LordJim47 No problem! I've spent a tremendous amount of time picking Everspace apart, so if you ever run into a scenario that troubles you, shoot me a PM and I could give you some helpful tips!
  • GontxuCaoGontxuCao Posts: 1Member
    I downloaded it in the Game Preview and I fell in love. I've already bought it and I wait to use the second ship (that with the TIE Fighter silhoutte). incredible game. When will the game be complete?
    @GontxuCao the game will be hitting release either end of the year or early next year, so long as there aren't any big kinks in the way.
  • Daevin-CmdrDaevin-Cmdr Posts: 6Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    @gkarris I think you do have 1 hr OF play (I did the trial with ARK, and I'm pretty sure It was at ~5min after I quit for, like, 2 days). I think since the Xbox One keeps apps 'running' in the background that it contributes to the run-time unless you do a force-quit.
    We increased the trial to 2 hrs ;)

@gkarris I think you do have 1 hr OF play (I did the trial with ARK, and I'm pretty sure It was at ~5min after I quit for, like, 2 days). I think since the Xbox One keeps apps 'running' in the background that it contributes to the run-time unless you do a force-quit.

No, I'm pretty sure I quit out of it as I wanted to play for a full hour....

I've done this before with other trials.

I think this one was set to one hour past initial launch...
  • RambobrillRambobrill Posts: 1Member
    hi ,

i bought it yesterday and it is great so far but man do i experience a lot of framerate issues. when flying close to bigger objects like stations , wrecks and asteroids the game slows down a noticible amount. one map was full of small asteroids and a battle happened. let me tell you it was not fun. the game started to drop frames like crazy. i hate to say but you should downgrade it more or perhaps work on more optimization or even lower resolution. The game Nioh comes to mind where the devs provide a performance and quality mode. i would prefer performance above all else.
  • MyEscape16MyEscape16 Posts: 2Member
    Hi Rockfish & members,

If a person purchases beta version offered on Xbox 1 will they be upgraded to full version when released? Trying to avoid having to pay full price twice. Also is there an option to purchase full DLC package in Xbox store?

USA player here.

Thanks!
    Hey @MyEscape16 ! Everspace is current in Early Access (as the Alpha and Beta periods are up).

That little detail aside, I can assure you all Alpha backers were moved into the Beta when it began, and all Alpha and Beta backers were moved into Early Access. All purchasers of these tiers will have their full-release version when Everspace launches.

As far as DLC is concerned, the only all-in-one package that has been provided was available in the Kickstarter a long while back. Because the developers' focus has been on the core game, I don't believe we'll see another full DLC package until we see DLC itself.

Hope that helps!
  • MyEscape16MyEscape16 Posts: 2Member
    Giraffasaur, thank you for the quick response! So this means I'd be an "Early Access" purchaser, and paying the $29.99 now would afford me a full release version when it launches? Understood on the DLC. This is the one time I actually like the idea of expansion packs/DLC. Meaningful new levels and storyline with occasional additions of new ships and abilities will be welcome.

Thanks again!
    edited October 2016

So this means I'd be an "Early Access" purchaser, and paying the $29.99 now would afford me a full release version when it launches?

That's correct!

Hope you enjoy the experience; even though it's Early Access, I think you'll find it a well-polished gem with content to come. Be sure to leave feedback here on the forums, too. Rockfish Games is always looking for ways to improve the game, and every voice is valuable.
  • bla0929bla0929 Posts: 4Member
    When will more content be put out for Xbox one?
    bla0929 said:

When will more content be put out for Xbox one?

The XBox update is one of the top priorities for the Rockfish team to implement, and they have been going through all the hoops to make this happen. If all goes accordingly, it should be dropping very soon.
    We already passed CERT on Xbox but we are still waiting on W10. We hope to come up with some good news early next week.
    Hey guys, we had to submit a new v0.2 build for the Windows Store, today. Crossing fingers that we will be able to press the button later this week. Stay tuned!
  • Dying GaspDying Gasp Posts: 13Member
    Maybe not tying the X1 and W10 releases together might be an idea for the next update?
    I can imagine your frustration but it's also frustrating for us to have to wait for an update when we are already 1 update behind.