Update v.0.1.4.29048

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
edited September 2016 in NEWS
We've just uploaded a new version on Steam. Here are the patch notes. Have fun!

[Edit: Problems with the GOG update, unfortunately. Sorry about this. Should go live on Monday]

New Features
  • Added energy regeneration bonus when standing still
  • Added option to adjust FOV (PC / Mac)
  • Added option to unlock crosshair from screen center when using gamepad
  • Added new device: Teleporter (icon still placeholder)
  • Added new device: Missile Defense System (icon still placeholder)
  • Added new weapon: Coil Gun (basically what Shock Rifle II was before, icons are still placeholders)
  • Added new perk: Bonus resources
  • Added option to not use system mouse position in-game (PC / Mac) (thus disabling mouse acceleration and having different speeds in-game and in menus)
  • Added mouse sensitivity option on Mac
  • Added functionality to make screenshots with F9 (PC / Mac)
Tweaks
  • Improved gamepad controls
  • Improved readability of dialog subtitles
  • Ramp-up time progress of weapons are now displayed on the crosshair
  • Secure containers now have special HUD markers
  • Added list of completed challenges to stats
  • Interceptor countdown no longer decreases with sector progression
  • Changed "Bonus gear" perk unlock requirements
  • Floodlight challenge: Reduced required amount to 30
  • Increased asteroid field variance
  • Increased Thermo Gun homing agility and energy consumption
  • Increased Flak Cannon II damage
  • Reworked Shock Rifle II to behave more like the base version
  • Reduced Time Extender cooldown and energy consumption
  • Reduced Cloak duration and cooldown
  • Added ramp-up time of 0.5s to ARC 9000 so you don't accidentally fire it
  • Shield Booster, Damage Limiter and Damage Booster effects are no longer stackable
  • Pickups that are dropped inside the event horizon of black holes are now removed
  • Fuel and resources bought from trader are now directly given to the player while in trading screen
  • Nano Kits can no longer be used if no ship component is damaged
  • Increased damage tolerance of Colonial Fighter, Light Fighter and Collector Drone for becoming hostile
  • Reduced beam laser camera shake
  • Increased Okkar Corvette loot quality
  • Increased hacking radius for jump suppressor and comm hub
Bugfixes
  • Fixed some wrong buttons being shown during tutorial instructions
  • Fixed removal of two access keys when opening a secure container
  • Fixed neutrals not getting hostile when using plasma mines
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to get infinite rerolls of bonus equipment offers

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    edited September 2016
    This is a solid, concise update to the game. I hope to play a little bit soon to experience the glory!
  • SpiritWolfSpiritWolf Posts: 4Customer
    I'm sorry if I will ask a stupid question, but how do I update Everspace? xD
    I got 0.13.28942 atm
  • TwoCablesTwoCables Posts: 66Customer

I got 0.13.28942 atm

This is a Steam update, so you can either just restart Steam to force a global update check for all games, or you can do it for only Everspace.
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Thanks for the teleporter! :D <3
  • SpiritWolfSpiritWolf Posts: 4Customer
    TwoCables said:

I got 0.13.28942 atm

This is a Steam update, so you can either just restart Steam to force a global update check for all games, or you can do it for only Everspace.
    Still don't understand, I bought GOG pre-order, not steam key :(

TwoCables said:

I got 0.13.28942 atm

Still don't understand, I bought GOG pre-order, not steam key :(
    From the original post: "[Edit: Problems with the GOG update, unfortunately. Sorry about this. Should go live on Monday]"
  • Firegun7Firegun7 Posts: 1Customer
    Wish I would have pre-ordered for steam :(
    It's only a short wait. I would bet that they won't have this problem going forward.
  • .gwynbleidd.gwynbleidd Posts: 2Member
    Think so too - there can always be some thenical problems. A little bit sad, ppl don't like GOG - I think its the way better software
  • JokerJoker Posts: 8Member, Common Beta Backer
    Is it normal that the challenges are resettet after the update???

Think so too - there can always be some thenical problems. A little bit sad, ppl don't like GOG - I think its the way better software

I'm not even using the software. I went with GoG so that I didn't need to depend on software just to launch the game.
  • Chris SabionChris Sabion Posts: 8Customer
    Hello everyone,
    the question still remains: If I pre-ordered through GOG (without the GOG galaxy client), how do I update the game?

Only asking...since it's monday ;-)
    edited September 2016
    You will just go to your GoG account on the GoG site and download like you did before.

It's still only early afternoon in Germany. Let's be patient.
  • RuneforceRuneforce Posts: 3Member
    It does not matter how you purchased it, since you are playing it through the Galaxy client, right?

Btw. now it's late afternoon...
    No, it's just a shortcut on the desktop. Like I said, I don't use the galaxy client.

Rockfishgames is from Germany, so am I, too. Sorry, but I'm just a little bit impatient...;-)
    I'm not using the client either.

When they update it, they will simply tell us a new version is available to download.
  • lowkee33lowkee33 Posts: 17Collector Beta Backer
    Thank you guys for the updates this game is awesome. It has come a long way since the alpha. Keep up the great work!
    Still no update on GOG? Any way to transfer the game to steam? ;-)
  • gallen0gallen0 Posts: 1Member
    Tuesday and no update on GOG :(
    Should have bought it on Steam.
    edited September 2016
    They didn't say that it "will" go live, but that it "should". Delays happen. It's barely mid Tuesday morning in Germany, only a day after they guessed it should be possible to make it live on GoG. I think maybe it's too soon to be impatient.
    A statement from Andi would be welcome. Is GOG responsible for the delay? I'm so curious about the improved gamepad controls...
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    About the GOG version: We uploaded to GOG on Friday (same time as Steam) and received an upload error. Unfortunately it was past their office hours, so there was noone there to help us out. Then on Monday GOG support wrote us that they had never encountered such an error and we should try again, which we did, but without success. Now we uploaded via FTP instead and they will have a look. I can't predict when the problem will get solved. I'm sorry about this, we really wanted to release both versions at the same time.
    Thank you very much for your comment on this topic. I hope the people from GOG support will solve the problem, soon.
    I waited so long for this game, one or two more days won't count, still appreciate your fine work! You all are doing a great job, especially in keeping the community informed. Thanks!
    Finally! The update on GOG is here! Thank you guys. Do I have to uninstall Everspace before downloading and installing the newer setup.exe?

By the way, on GOG it says 0.1.4.29051...
  • mugsymugsy Posts: 30Customer
    edited September 2016

Unfortunately it was past their office hours, so there was noone there to help us out.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
    at least i have my update now...
    will try it out when i get home.
  • chimpbonechimpbone Posts: 1Member
    Any word on when this update will come to Xbox One?
  • 19841984 Posts: 2Member
    Any updates regarding the Linux version? This is the kind of game which will sell well with the Linux crowd if you give us a chance to buy it ;-)
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    @chimpbone We have to go through a verification with Microsoft for each update, this can take a few days in the best case and a few weeks in the worst. I hope it wil be live soon.

@1984 We are going to pick up work on the Linux version, soon. Sorry that we did not find the time, yet. You can imagine that we're very busy here with only 3 coders (who are also quite actively answering questions here and on the steam forum)
  • 19841984 Posts: 2Member
    Great news, best of luck, looking forward to play the game!
  • JjOoZsAeYJjOoZsAeY Posts: 2Member
    We just got an update for xbox one im hoping its this. Awsome job with the trailer and a great game. I love it 10/10. I cant wait to see the final product. Thank you.