Is the Okkar Frigate killable?

ZirePhoenixZirePhoenix Posts: 20Member
I finally encountered my first Okkar Frigate. First Arc 9000 brought it to about 20% health, but a second one didn't kill it. I then shot at it for another minute before the Interceptors showed up. The thing also had a Warp Jammer that I couldn't find, so I had to pop a stabilizer. Is this thing killable?

Comments

• TrizelTrizel Posts: 7Member
    edited September 2016
    I just encountered an Elite Okkar Capital ship. Having no stabilizer but cloak i was forced to search for the Jammer. Spoileralert: Its not accesible on the ships hull because its interior - unlike in the gunship(crusier) class. Is this meant to be an dead end?
  • ES_9561ES_9561 Posts: 34Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    My issue is that the colony ships are completely unsinkable. I had one instance where 3 ported in at once. But even with just one, they have a health bar, but nothing you do makes it go down.
  • mugsymugsy Posts: 30Customer
    edited September 2016
    I had the same problem last night.

you can kill them, but it wasnt until my third one i had to ask to find out you absolutely MUST kill them to get rid of the jammer... then that happened to be the one i couldn't manage to kill... go figure.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,091Moderator, Space Cat
    edited September 2016

I finally encountered my first Okkar Frigate. First Arc 9000 brought it to about 20% health, but a second one didn't kill it. I then shot at it for another minute before the Interceptors showed up. The thing also had a Warp Jammer that I couldn't find, so I had to pop a stabilizer. Is this thing killable?

My guess is that the Arc 9000 only hit a certain number of nodes on the exterior of the Frigate, missing some of them (thus preventing its destruction).

Make sure you navigate fully around the ship taking out all of the hull nodes to bring it down!

The quality isn't amazing, but here is a video of my own takedown (during Beta, before Early Access):
  • ES_11620ES_11620 Posts: 13Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    Yea the okkar frigate is killable. The arc 9000 can be used to take out most of the nodes on the frigate, but you'd have to manually hunt for the extra ones that are still alive. That or use two arc 9000s, one in front, one in back :p
  • kurtdenkortekurtdenkorte Posts: 8Member
    Okkar figate are super tough. I've managed to kill one but unlucky for me another one had warped in before I could get out and then the interceptor warships arrived... oh god xD Had to pop a jump stabilizer.
    Thing about okkar frigate is that they have several "strongpoints" (or nodes) you'll have to focus and destroy. When you destroy for example the right engine you'll see a decrease in HP right away. This means you have to circle the ship quite some times to find those points. You can also destroy it's cannons but I think it's a waste of time, but that depends of course.

My suggestion would be to pop a Arc 9000 at it back (engines). That way you can destroy 3 points right away. The other points are at it's top and sides. Use missiles and cloak+mines. Good thing this monster of a ship doesn't have shields :P
    The loot is HUGE when you kill it. I managed to get 3 blueprints and a crapload of credits but then I had to run away (cloak) from the warships. Very satisfying ship to kill!
  • cyberwingcyberwing Posts: 27Member
    I was just having a quick session of runs today when a very rare drop happen torpedoes!! but unfurnately on that run I didn't run into frigs to use it on
    Maybe you can blueprints for them
  • ZirePhoenixZirePhoenix Posts: 20Member
    I used 10 Plasma Torpedoes without knowing about the hardpoints and it didn't do much lol.
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Front shield generator makes it pretty easy, you can just circle strafe around the ship to kill the nodes and block most of the turret fire. Same for corvettes, just make sure to get rid of the shield drones.
  • GoldAsteroidGoldAsteroid Posts: 68Member
    Maybe this is offtopic but.. do powerful weapon or missile blueprints drop from normal enemies or loot containers?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,091Moderator, Space Cat

do powerful weapon or missile blueprints drop from normal enemies or loot containers?

They certainly do! The further in the game you've progressed, the more likely they'll appear from ANY source.
  • troopitroopi Posts: 83Member
    Found one of these. Unfortunately, it had a jammer and I was really force to kill it. Fortunately, I was using the low-profile glyph, that places jammers in every area but removes the colonial ships pursuit. So I had plenty of time to snipe at it with my flak cannon. XD
    Oh, and by the way, corvettes go down with a pack of corrosion missiles.
  • nauipnauip Posts: 17Member
    Corrosion Missiles and dodge & strafe liberally with Plasma Cannon.