Does anyone play "Sublevel Zero"?

DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
edited September 2016 in OFF-TOPIC
It's another roguelike action game, kind of similar to Everspace in terms of progression, crafting, permadeath etc., but a "6DOF" game like good old Descent or Forsaken, where you have to fly a fighter through an indoor enviroment with lots of procedurally generated rooms, tunnels and caverns.

The art style is very different tho, it reminds me on the movie "Tron" and everything looks kind of simple compared to the superb graphics of Everspace, but still crisp and beautiful in its own way!

Gameplay is also top notch, controls are quite simple, but very smooth, combat, weapons etc. feel amazing and everything works very well! It's also challenging, the AI is aggressive and there's a boss fight at the end of each level, but it never gets unfair!

There's also a small, but talented team behind it and you can buy it at steam for less then 15€ which I think is worth every cent, considering the 44 hours I've already spent with it. Like a said, it's a highly randomized roguelike and replayability is high! Check it out!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 557Moderator
    Yes, I played that a bit. A very well-crafted game.
  • PohaturonPohaturon Posts: 5Customer
    Played and thoroughly enjoyed. Never did get too far in it though! Somehow with a backlog as massive as mine, it dropped a bit low on priority due to my tendency to prioritize story-heavy games (currently playing Pillars of Eternity), but now that you've reminded me of it, I'll probably fire it up again :smiley:
    I like to mix things up instead of bingeing one game. I guess I'll be juggling PoE, Everspace and SubZero for the next while.
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited September 2016
    Nice! I've beat it a few times and unlocked everything, now I'm waiting for more content. It was the first roguelike I've played (if you don't count Diablo 1 & 2) and it brought me to Everspace, now I'm hooked! I really want to play more stuff like Everspace and Sublevel Zero! If anyone knows similar games, please tell me! ;)

It is really welcome in times where the market is full with 8 hour long AAA games where you get everything handed to you on plate and you basically can't lose...
  • gkarrisgkarris Posts: 65Member, Common Beta Backer
    edited October 2016
    Yes, have yet to install it.

DeadEch0 said:

I really want to play more stuff like Everspace and Sublevel Zero! If anyone knows similar games, please tell me! ;)

NeonXSZ is another game like it that's a lot of fun - I got it really cheap on sale.