Known issues with graphics driver (Mac)

Hi there,

I play the game on a:
OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
processor: 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB (I Know, its -BEEP- for gaming)

Yesterday the game would start fine and run good on low settings. Today however it wouldn't work at all. Everytime i start the game my mac freezes and a hardreset is the only option to change this. I started my mac in safemode to see what was going on. In safemade an error message occurs when i try to launch the game saying my graphics card is not supported. It says unreal engine need at least OpenGL 4.1 or later. My Macbooks Intel HD Graphics 4000 is able to run 4.1.

Am I overlooking something? Why did it work yesterday... i did not change anything.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 994Moderator
    This is very weird, I'm quite confused. I suggest that you manually make a copy of your save games and try a fresh re-install of the game. It's weird that it was working fine on the first day and now doesn't...
  • ARXARX Posts: 2Member
    Hi there,

thanks for the reply. 2 days later it just began working again until a couple of days ago. I re-installed the game 3 times. if i run it without any launch options in steam, my mac will just freeze. If i ad -openGL (<-don't know where i got that from) as launch option it will at least not chrash...it just quits in a split second after the loading screen... it even works sometimes.
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 92Moderator
    Hi ARX,
    currently (November 2016) EVERSPACE is not officially supporting OpenGL, although we are working on that (basically to support Linux). You can force to use metal by adding -metal to the launch options. If you still get a freeze please work through this post.