Tractor Beam

I am a new player, who just bought the game from G.O.G. (DRM FREE Baby!). The game is gorgeous and the game play is fantastic. I can really see a great game in the making here. I have one suggestion thus far: Put a tractor beam on the ship to pick up anything that is dropped that CAN be automatically added to the ship. If it can'[t be picked up, then leave it to be sorted out manually. But an automatic Tractor Beam would be a vast improvement over the current method, where you fly around collecting objects after a battle.

Comments

• JazehiahJazehiah Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
    There is a tractor beam. It increases the reach of your auto loot.If you mean a tractor beam like the octopus in GoF2, then I worry that it would break the game. See, as things are now, collecting loot is a balance of risk and reward. Some of the best loot can be found in minefields and in outlaw bases. If I could reel in that loot from afar, minefields and other map hazards would become wasted mechanics.
  • DarlothDarloth Customer Posts: 24
    The Mk2 Tractor Beam gives you 400 meters of loot radius, and whenever I've had it I've never needed to turn around for anything, it always gets picked up on the first pass or usually mid-combat.
  • GoldAsteroidGoldAsteroid Member Posts: 68
    except to find it you have to be lucky..and there are other component that are useful for combat..
  • ES_11620ES_11620 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 13
    I think a tractor beam is a must have. It saves time collecting loot during and after battles so you can really maximize your resource collection efficiency. Loot is what keeps you alive. Tractor beam MKIII is 600 meters.
  • IonIon Member Posts: 4
    Tractor beam will pull things through walls, helps you collect spew and mining and stuff from boxes faster saving seconds against the Okkar interceptors' arrival, and it allows you to safely extract darkmatter from around singularities (I would also recommend using Energized Boost to plow through or to escape the gravity well).
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,176
    There currently is a bug with the tractor beam where it does not pull items in that are spawned inside the beam's range. We'll fix it soon.
  • wezelboywezelboy Member Posts: 1
    The tractor beam also does not pull items in if their "pickup" status changes while in the beam range. If I have full nanobots and use some while I am close to other nanobots, the other nanobots will not get pulled.

This is the only bug I have noticed in the game. It is rock solid otherwise.
  • BarryBarry Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 36
    I have died twice by a black hole, both times was the furthest I got....sad way to die! Slightly off topic but what is dark matter used for? Also when I found i was being pulled into a black hole i thought I was going to do a great startrek moment and used energised boost to escape as my normal engines at max was only keeping me from moving back slowly. So I punched the button I boosted.....still didn't escape and got sacked in.....boo lol
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    @Barry , Dark Matter and Dark Energy are the two rarest resources in the game, used for high-tier modifications and equipment.

Sorry to hear you still got sucked in after the Energized Boost. Better upgrade those Engines with your Perks!