Some feedback on my first hours on the EA

ES_11005ES_11005 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 4
Hello,

I've finished my first hours of play on the early acces, here's some feedback:
- Bug: Fighter IA tend to get stuck, when continuously strafing in the same direction if in close range, they'll keep orbiting me, and always miss (screenshot, hapenned at least 3 times, in less than 10 runs).
- Improvement: Maybe the equipment comparator could have multiple intensities of red/green, to highlight how big or small the change is relative to other changes.
- Improvement: I'd like to be able to bind 2 keys for every action (personally, I like to bind extra mouse button and keep the keyboard bind).
- Improvement: Would be cool to be able bind primary/secondary slot x (we have only the option to bind next/prev).
- Improvement: I'd like the ship hull repair seekbar to be in nanobots increments.
- Improvement: I'd like a "quit to desktop" in-game menu option.
- Wording: "Remove", for the item submenu seems a risky click, maybe you could replace it by "salvage", and still leave the dialog with the option to drop the item.
- Wording: Damage limiter doesn't precise if it's shield or hull damage that are reduced, would be logical to assume it's both, but precising it would avoid having to test it in combat.
- I'm stupid: When "ramming" into small containers floating in space at max speed, you lose all your shield and approx 25% of hull. It's somewhat hidden by the UI marker (when used a scan), I know I should look the distance, but I feel stupid when it happens.
- I'm stupid: When not in screen the markers get bigger the closer we are, but when in screen they don't, it's sometimes annoying, although big markers would hide stuff, maybe display a point/crosshair on screen coordinated, with the icon (of variable size) translated a bit?
- I'm stupid: Sometimes I aggro some turret or drone (because I hear the sound), but can't see it on screen because they are too close don't have a HUD marker, I can look around so that it leaves the screen and I the arrow marker appears on the border, but maybe we could autotarget ships that we aggro?

Great game though, gratz.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Hi, thanks for the feedback, glad you're mostly enjoying the game!

Some remarks:

- You already should be able to map a 2nd key to most (maybe all?) actions

- Yeah, I think the repair slider needs improvement

- Ok, I think we can add a "Quit to desktop" option
  • ES_11005ES_11005 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 4
    - You already should be able to map a 2nd key to most (maybe all?) actions

Oh indeed, sorry!
  • GoldAsteroidGoldAsteroid Member Posts: 68
    On ea? Why everyone sas rockfish is ea? I think these guys are indie devs.. no?
  • D0v4kh11nD0v4kh11n Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2016

On ea? Why everyone sas rockfish is ea? I think these guys are indie devs.. no?

You probably confuse the publisher "Electronic Arts" with the status of the game "Early Access". Happened to me to, at the beginning.^^